West Bengal Board of Primary Education notifies Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET) 2023 Primary, Apply Now
WB Teacher Eligibility Test 2023 – West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) invites applications from eligible candidates for Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) 2023 Primary for the candidates interested to teach in Classes I-V. TET is conducted for the appointment of Assistant teachers in Govt. aided/Govt. Sponsored/Junior Basic Primary Schools. Check out the post below for details on WB TET 2023 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, fees, exam pattern, application process and more.
West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET) 2023
Candidates desirous of applying must keep in mind the important dates for the WBTET 2023 which are given below-
- Starting Date for Apply Online: 14th September 2023 at 19:00 hrs
- Last Date for Apply Online: 04th October 2023 at 23:59 PM
- Last Date for Application fee: 05th October 2023 at 23:59 PM
- Date of Exam: 10th December 2023 (Sunday)
The WBBPE has set out specific eligibility criteria for various classes taught. Those teachers who wish to sit for the WBTET 2023 must ensure eligibility is fulfilled. The eligibility requirements for WBTET 2023 are as follows-
- Classes I-V Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and having Diploma in Education (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (R.C.I.), shall also be considered. OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- 5% relaxation of marks in Senior Secondary or its equivalent examination (i.e. 45%) will be allowed for the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC-A and OBC-B), Exempted Categories (EC), Ex-Servicemen, Physically Handicapped (PI-I) and for DH (Death-in-harness) category candidates.
- (ii) Persons who have appeared for the final examination of Two Year D.E1.Ed. Course from NCTE recognized institutions on the date of this Notification and the result is not yet published And
- Persons who have appeared for final examination of Two Year D.Ed. (Special Education) Course from RCI recognized institutions on the date of this Notification and the result is not yet published. And
- Persons who have appeared for the final examination of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Courses from NCTE recognized institutions on the date of this Notification and the result is not yet published shall also be eligible to sit for the TET-2023. And
- Persons who are undergoing D.EI.Ed./D.Ed. (Special Education)/B.Ed. Training (session 2020-2024) and who have qualified in D.EI.Ed./D.Ed. (Special Education)/B.Ed. Part-I exam (session-2022-2023) will be given an opportunity to apply for TET-2023.
- Candidates who have acquired minimum academic qualifications after the date of publication of this notification will not be entertained for appearing in TET-2023.
The detailed step-by-step application process for WBTET has been mentioned below. All candidates have to follow the registration process for the WBTET Exam
- Visit for online registration and apply on or before 3.10.2023.
- First Language : Applicants will have to choose any one of the following languages as their first language : Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, Nepali, Santhali, Oriya and Telugu. The choice will be on the basis of the medium of instruction in the school.
- Second Language : English (for all)
- Qualifying Marks : A candidate who will score 60% and above out of the full marks (150) in the TET will be considered as TET-2023 passed candidate. A relaxation by 5% (i.e. 55%) will be the qualifying mark for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PK EC, Ex-Servicemen and DH (Death-in-harness) candidates.
- However, qualifying the TET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
The candidates have to pay an Application fee for 2023 WBTET exam. The fee details are mentioned below-
- Rs. 500/- for General candidates
- Rs. 400/- for OBC-A and OBC-B candidates
- SC/ST/Differently Abled Category (DAC)/Exempted Category (EC) – Rs.250/-
- Mode of Payment : Through credit card/debit card/internet banking
For more details and apply please visit the official website