UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2024: Marking Scheme for Papers 1 and 2
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2024 – The UPSC CAPF exam for selection of Assistant Commandants is a tough exam with a selection process comprising three stages. Candidates must have detailed knowledge of the exam pattern of the UPSC CAPF Exam to crack it. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) sets the CAPF syllabus and exam pattern.
The written test of the CAPF Exam will have two papers. They will cover objective and subjective questions and negative marks will be awarded for wrong answers. So, check out the details of the CAPF (AC) exam pattern in this post.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern Overview
|Particulars||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Number of Questions||200||6|
|Type of Questions||MCQ||Descriptive|
|Duration||2 hours||3 hours|
|Total Marks||250 marks||200 marks|
|100 Metres Race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Metres Race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Metres (3 Chances)||3.0 metres (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||–|
Stage 1 – Written Examination
- The UPSC exam for CAPF comprises 2 Papers both in written format.
- Paper-I tests the general ability and intelligence of the candidates based on a multiple-choice question format.
- Paper-II is descriptive and tests the language proficiency of the candidate.
- Candidates get 2 hours to complete 200 questions in paper-I carrying 250 marks and 3 hours to complete 6 descriptive type questions in paper-II carrying 200 marks.
Stage 2 – Physical Test
- The candidates need to be medically fit and meet all the parameters set by the authorities. The Physical Test is Qualifying in Nature and no marks are awarded for this round. However, not meeting the physical parameters as described in the official notification will lead to disqualification.
Stage 3 – Personal Interview
- This round carries 150 Marks.
CAPF Exam Pattern for Paper 1
UPSC CAPF 2024 written exam is the first round in the CAPF Assistant Commandant(AC) Selection Process. The written examination comprises 2 papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Paper 1 will consist of multiple-choice questions on general ability and intelligence having four alternatives.
UPSC CAPF Paper 1
Number of Questions
Type of Questions
CAPF Exam Pattern for Paper 2
UPSC CAPF Paper 2 is of descriptive type and questions are on General Studies, Essay and Comprehension.
UPSC CAPF Paper 2
Number of Questions
Type of Questions
CAPF Exam Pattern for PET
The candidates who qualify the cut off for the written exam will be eligible for Stage 2 of the CAPF Exam which will be a Physical Endurance and Medical Test.
100 Meters Race
In 16 seconds
In 18 seconds
800 Meters Race
In 3 minutes 45 seconds
In 4 minutes 45 seconds
3.5 Meters (3 Chances)
3.0 meters (3 chances)
Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)
Note: Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant female candidates will be rejected.
CAPF Exam Pattern for Interview
- The Union Public Service Commission will conduct interviews and personality tests for candidates who pass the Medical Standards Tests.
- Interviews/Personality Tests will be conducted on a provisional basis for medically unfit candidates allowing them to appear before the Review Medical Board following an appeal by the Appellate Authority.
- If short-listed for an Interview/Personality Test, including provisionally short-listed candidates, they will be required to complete a Detailed Application Form (DAF), which includes an indication of their Forces preference.
- The interview/personality test will be worth 150 marks.
CAPF Marking Scheme
Negative marking is applicable in Paper 1 only. The detailed marking scheme has been explained below in the bulleted form:
- For each wrong answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
- If there are two answers for a single question, it will be considered as the wrong answer and 1/3 will be deducted even if any one of the answers is correct.
- If no question is answered, no deduction is made.
UPSC CAPF Paper 1 Marking Scheme
2 Marks are awarded for each correct option marked
⅓ Marks are deducted for every wrong answer
No marks are awarded or deducted for unmarked questions.
In UPSC CAPF Paper 2, which is a descriptive paper, there are 6 questions, the total marks of which is 200.
In Paper 2, no negative marking is applicable.
The UPSC CAPF third stage, which is the interview round, carries 150 marks.
Paper 1- 250 Marks
Paper 2 – 200 Marks
Qualifying in Nature
CAPF Exam Pattern FAQs
Q. Who sets the Syllabus for the CAPF exam?
Ans. CAPF Syllabus is decided by the Union Public Service Commission. The commission releases the detailed syllabus for CAPF examination in the Official Notification.
Q. Is there any personality test in the CAPF exam?
Ans. Yes, UPSC conducts an interview in the CAPF exam for the final selection of the candidates.
Q. What type of questions are asked in the CAPF interview?
Ans. The questions asked in the interview round of CAPF exam might be from current events or related to some security issues or from the operational behaviour of CAPF.
Q. How many marks do the Physical efficiency test and medical exam carry in the CAPF examination?
Ans. After clearing Paper I and Paper II of CAPF exam candidates have to undergo the PET – Physical Efficiency and Medical Standard Test. These tests are only qualifying in nature and candidates are required to meet the standards prescribed by the UPSC in the notification.
Q. Candidates who get selected in CAPF exam will join at which post in Indian Armed Force?
Ans. The Candidates who make it to the final selection of the CAPF examination will Join the Indian Security Forces as Assistant Commandant. These candidates will be the commanding officer of an armed force unit.
A candidate has to go through all the three stages to get qualified for UPSC CAPF 2024 AC. UPSC CAPF written exam has two papers. The UPSC CAPF Paper-I is of MCQ type and includes General Ability & Intelligence for 250 Marks, and Paper-II is of descriptive type that includes topics from General Studies, Essay & Comprehension for 200 Marks.
In order to ace the UPSC CAPF AC 2024 exam, candidates must understand the UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern and Syllabus comprehensively. As UPSC CAPF is a highly competitive exam, aspirants must cover each topic in the syllabus according to the weightage per topic.