University of Calcutta PhD in Genetics Admission 2023 through Research Eligibility Test (RET), Apply now
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2023 – University of Calcutta (Kolkata) invites applications for admission to the PhD Program in the Department of the Genetics & Plant Breeding through Research Eligibility Test (RET) for the academic session 2023
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2023
- Submission of application: 29.09.2023 to 12.10.2023
- List of eligible candidates for written examination to be conveyed via email: 13.10.2023
- Date of RET (written part) Exam (offline) 06.11. 2023
- Date of declaration of results of the written part of RET (to be conveyed via email) on: 07.11.2023
- Candidates for admission to the PhD program shall have a Master’s degree in Genetics & Plant Breeding with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) are eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per UGC Ph.D. Regulations, 2016.
- Those who have qualified in NET/GATE/ or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship would be exempted from the Ph.D. entrance test. They may directly submit a statement of purpose or research in brief and appear in the interview.
- Candidates should apply to the Head, Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding, in the proforma mentioned (https://www.caluniv.ac.in/) by paying Rs. 100/- through a challan obtainable in the College Street cash counter and Law College Cash Counter of the University of Calcutta or through online (
- PhD Entrance Test (Research Eligibility Test) 06th November 2023
- The entrance test will be of 50 marks.
- The question pattern will be of objective type or short answer type.
- The Duration of the entrance test will be one hour.
- The qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%
- An interview will be held for entrance test qualified candidates as well as candidates having NET/GATE/or have obtained DST Fellowship. Successful candidates will be eligible to register for their PhD in Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website