Umbrella Scholarship 2023-2024: Umbrella Scholarship is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt of India. This scholarship offered to the education of ST students from class 9th to post-matriculation level. This scholarship provides financial support to the education of ST students of Arunachal Pradesh. The Govt of India organized an Umbrella Scholarship to award the selected ST students for their education. So, eligible students can fill out the application and apply for Umbrella scholarship Arunachal Pradesh on the official website of NSP. Read this article below to know the complete information about Umbrella Scholarship.
Arunachal Pradesh Scholarship for Education of ST Students
The Arunachal Pradesh Scholarship for the Education of ST Students can be applied only through the online mode. Arunachal Pradesh Scholarship offers many scholarships and awards to ST students. This scholarship is available only for the ST students of Arunachal Pradesh. This scholarship aims to encourage the ST students for their education without financial hassle. This scholarship helps ST students to overcome the dropout incident in the transition from the primary to the secondary levels. The selected students will be awarded variable awards which help them to complete their education.
The Umbrella Scholarship provides a Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for the education of ST students. Students of class 9th and 10th can apply for the Pre-matric Scholarship application on or before the last date. Whereas post-matriculation students can apply for the Post-matric Scholarship application on or before the last date. The application form will be available online on the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). So, the ST students can opt for the scholarship which suits their qualification and eligibility.
Umbrella Scholarship Overview
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt of India|
|Scholarship Name||Umbrella Scholarship|
|Applicable State||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Purpose of Scholarship||provides financial support to the education of ST students from class 9th to post- matriculation level|
Umbrella Scholarship Dates
|Start of Pre-matric Scholarship Application||Update Soon|
|Last Date to Apply for Pre-matric Scholarship Application||Update Soon|
|Last Date for Pre-matric Scholarship Application Defect Verification||Update Soon|
|Last Date for Pre-matric Scholarship Application Verification by Institute||Update Soon|
|Start of Post-matric Scholarship Application||October|
|Umbrella Scholarship Last Date to Apply for Post-matric Scholarship Application||30 November 2023|
|Last Date for Post-matric Scholarship Application Defect Verification||Update Soon|
|Last Date for Post-matric Scholarship Application Verification by Institute||Update Soon|
Umbrella Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for the Umbrella Scholarship login.
- Students must be a domicile of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Students must belong to the ST category.
- Students who are studying in class 9th and 10th are eligible for the Pre-matric scholarship.
- Regular ST students who are studying in Govt or State or Central Board of Secondary Education schools are eligible.
- The student’s family income should be less than 2 lakh per annum to apply for the Pre-matric Scholarship.
- Students should not be availing any other centrally-funded Pre-matric Scholarship.
- Students must have passed the matriculation examination from a recognized Board of Secondary Education to apply for the Post-matric Scholarship.
- The student’s family income should be less than 2.5 lakh per annum to apply for the Post-matric Scholarship.
- Students must be studying at the post-matriculation level that means class 11 or above.
Umbrella Scholarship Benefits
Umbrella Scholarship offers the following benefits to the selected scholars.
|Scholarship Name||Umbrella Scholarship Amount|
|Umbrella Pre-matric Scholarship||Rs. 350/- per month to hostellers and Rs. 150/- per month to day- scholars.|
Rs. 1000/- per annum to hostellers and Rs. 750/- per annum to day-scholars as a book and ad-hoc allowances.
Rs. 240/- per month as an extra allowance to ST students with disabilities.
|Umbrella Post-matric Scholarship||Rs. 1600/- per annum as a study tours charge.|
Rs. 1600/- per annum to the research scholars for thesis typing and printing charges.
Rs.1200/- per annum for essential or prescribed books. Reimbursement of course fees to students pursuing correspondence courses.
Rs. 1200/- per month to hostellers and Rs. 550/-per month to day-scholars as a maintenance allowance.
Umbrella Scholarship Selection Criteria
The ST students who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be selected for Umbrella Scholarship.
Umbrella Scholarship Application Process
Refer to the following points to apply online for the Umbrella Scholarship.
- Go to the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ link appeared on the homepage.
- Read the guidelines and select the undertaking to continue.
- Enter your name, mobile number, email Id, date of birth and bank account details.
- Select the scholarship category, type, state of domicile, and gender.
- Select the Aadhaar or bank account number as an identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ to complete registration.
- Then, your mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Login using the OTP and start filling the form.
- Then, your application Id and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
- Fill the correct and valid information in the Umbrella Scholarship application form.
- Submit the Umbrella Scholarship application along with the necessary documents on or before the last date.
- Once the application form is submitted, it cannot be changed.
- One applicant can submit only one application, multiple applications will be rejected by the authorities.
Documents Required for Umbrella Scholarship
The scanned copies of the following documents have to be submitted to apply for the Umbrella Scholarship.
- Domicile certificate
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) Certificate duly signed by the authorized revenue officer
- Parents income certificate
- Recent passport size photograph of the student.
- Address- C/O Director Sjeta (Department Of Social Justice & Empowerment And Tribal Affairs), Govt. Of Arunachal Pradesh, Golden Jubilee Banquet Hall, Ground Floorniti Vihar,Po/Ps Itanagar, Dist Papumpare Pin: 791111, Arunachal Pradesh
- Email Id: [email protected]
- Helpline Number: +91-(360)-2291559
FAQ’s on Umbrella Scholarship
What is Umbrella Scholarship?
Umbrella Scholarship is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt of India. This scholarship offered to the education of ST students from class 9th to post-matriculation level. This scholarship provides financial support to the education of ST students of Arunachal Pradesh.
What are the different categories of the Umbrella Scholarship?
The eligible ST students can search and apply for the following categories of the Umbrella Scholarship.
- Pre-matric Scholarship
- Post-matric Scholarship
Is the Umbrella Scholarship available to the students of all States?
No, this scholarship is available only to the students of Arunachal Pradesh State.
What are the starting and closing dates of the Pre-matric Scholarship application?
The start date of application for the Pre-matric Scholarship is November 2023(tentative). Whereas the last date of the Pre-matric Scholarship application submission is 30th December 2023(tentative).
What are the starting and closing dates of the Post-matric Scholarship application?
The start date of application for the Post-matric Scholarship is October 2023. Whereas the last date of the Post-matric Scholarship application submission is 30 November 2023.
We hope this article will help you to get more information about Umbrella Scholarship. If you have queries related to Umbrella Scholarship, then leave it in the comment box.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.