IIT Bombay announces Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2024 for Admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program
UCEED 2024 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has released the notification for Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2024 for admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program offered at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur. This exam is open to all Indian/ foreign candidates. Interested candidates can check more details on UCEED 2024 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application process, etc. from the post given below.
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED 2024
Candidates must keep in mind the important dates for the UCEED 2024 which are given below-
- Start date for Online Registration: October 03, 2023, 01:00 pm
- Last date for Online Registration with regular fee: October 31, 2023
- Last date for Online Registration with late fee: November 08, 2023
- Start date for Admit Card downloading: January 05, 2024, 01:00 pm
- Last date for rectification of discrepancies in Admit Card: January 11, 2024, 05:00 pm
- Date of UCEED 2024 Exam: January 21, 2024 (09:00 am to 12:00 noon)
- Release of Draft Answer Key & candidates’ response for Part A: January 23, 2024
- Last Date for Uploading Comments Draft Answer Key: January 25, 2024 05:00 pm
- Release of Final Answer Key for Part A: January 31, 2024, 05:00 pm
- Announcement of cut-off Marks for Part A: February 08, 2024
- Declaration of Results: March 08, 2024
- Start Date for Score Card Downloading: March 11, 2024
- Submission of Online Application for B Des Program: March 14 to 31, 2024
- Seat Allotment Round 1: April 10, 2024
- Seat Allotment Round 2: May 10, 2024
- Seat Allotment Round 3: June 10, 2024
- Last date for Score Card Downloading: June 12, 2024
It is very essential for students to ensure their eligibility to apply for UCEED 2024. Here we have listed down the key eligibility criteria
- To apply for admission to the BDes programmes of the participating institute institutes, i. e., IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati , IIT and IIITDM Jabalpur , an applicant is required to fulfil ALL the following three criteria simultaneously simultaneously
Criterion 1 – Age Limit
- The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1991999, if belonging to the OPENOPEN/EWS/ OBC-OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 199 4, if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Criterion 2 – Qualifying examination:
- The candidate should have passed all five subjects in the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2023 or 2024. Those who appeared for the first time in the ir qualifying examination in 2022 or earlier are NOT eligible
- Final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiu.ac.in).
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
UCEED 2024 Application Form has been released. The general application process includes the following steps
- Candidates should register for appearing in UCEED 2024
- Only UCEED 2024 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes programme at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2024-2025. There will be a common application form for admissions to respective BDes programmes. The UCEED Office, IIT Bombay Bombay, will process the common application form and conduct the joint seat allocation process.
- The common application form will be available through the IIT Bombay Admissions Portal
- The link for the same shall be available on the official UCEED website www.uceed.iitb.ac.in in
- Applicants can fill in their personal particulars and select institutes of their choice by indicating the order of preference.
- Female Candidates (all categories) – Rs.1900/-
- SC, ST, PwD Candidates – Rs.1900/-
- All Other Candidates – Rs.3800/-
Foreign Nationals holders of OCI/PIO cards issued On or BEFORE 4th March 2021
- All candidates – Rs.3800/-
Foreign Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
- Candidates from SAARC countries – US $ 400
- Candidates from Non-SAARC countries – US $ 500
Counselling Application Fees
The BDes admission application counseling processing fee for applicants of all categories and genders is Rs.4000/-
This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable
UCEED 2024 Exam Pattern
In order to prepare for the exam, candidates are suggested to go through the UCEED exam pattern 2024.
- Exam date and time: 21st January, 2024, 9.00 am – 12.00 noon.
- There will be ONE question paper of a total THREE hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English only.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both the parts.
- Utmost care is taken to prepare an error free question paper. However, if an error is detected in the question paper, the UCI Committee shall take an appropriate decision after the examination, which shall be final.
- Details of the two parts of the question paper are given below:
Part-A (Total marks: 200; Maximum time: 2 hours)
- This part will be administered through a computer-based test.
- This part will consist of three sections.
- Section 1 NAT (Numerical Answer Type): 14 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks)
- For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard on the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
- Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Question): 1 5 questions Each MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given. The following is the marking scheme:
- Full Marks: + 4 If only (all) the correct option(s) is(are) chosen and NONE of the incorrect options is chosen
- Partial Marks: + 3 If all the four options are correct but ONLY three options are chosen and NONE of the incorrect options is chosen
- Partial Marks: + 2 If three or more options are correct but ONLY two options are chosen, both of which are correct and NONE of the incorrect options is chosen.
- Partial Marks:+ 1 If two or more options are correct but ONLY one option is chosen and it is a correct option and NONE of the incorrect options is chosen.
- Zero Marks: 0 If NONE of the options is chosen (i.e., the question is unanswered)
- Negative Marks: 1 In all other cases.
- Section 3 MCQ (Multiple Choice Question): 28 questions (3 marks each for the correct answer; 0.71 negative marks for incorrect answers). Each MCQ will have four choices out of which only one is the correct answer
Part-B (Total marks: 100; Maximum time: 1 Hours)
- Part B consists of TWO questions to test the candidates’ drawing skills and design aptitude. This will require subjective evaluation. The question s in Part B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer must be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator In the case of PwD candidate s availing the use of a scribe, assistance in attempting Part B is not permitted, as the question is aimed at evaluating the ir drawing skill.
- Part B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part B question is mandatory.
- The entire paper ( Part A and Part B) must be finished within the stipulated time for each part
UCEED 2024 Syllabus
The UCEED 2024 syllabus is an additional asset that candidates may use for effective preparations.
- UCEED 2024 will have two parts.
Part A will have questions on the following topics:
- Visualization & Spatial Reasoning: Ability to visualize and transform 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Practical & Scientific Knowledge: Knowhow of scientific principles and everyday objects.
- Observation & Design Sensitivity: The capacity to detect concealed properties in daily life and think critically about them. Attention to detail, classification, analysis, inference and prediction.
- Environment & Society: General awareness of environmental, social and cultural connections with design.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning: Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Language: Proficiency in reading and comprehending Standard English.
- Creativity: Grasp of verbal and nonverbal analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols.
Part B will have questions on the following topics:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
- Design Aptitude: Capability to practically and appropriately respond to problems/s situations with ingenuity and empathy.
- Note: The topics listed above are exhaustive and indicative of the nature of the questions. However, the UCEED 2024 may not cover all the topics.
UCEED 2024 Admit Card
- Candidates whose registration is complete in all aspects can download the Admit Card for UCEED 2024 from the registration portal www.uceed.iitb.ac.in from the date specified below.
- The Admit Card will bear the following details of the candidate: Name, UCEED Registration ID, Roll Number for UCEED 2024, Date of Birth, Category, photograph, signature, examination schedule, examination centre details and instructions to candidates.
- Candidates should carefully examine ALL the entries in the Admit Card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the UCEED Office at IIT Bombay BEFORE the below mentioned date via the designated email address [email protected]
Result of UCEED 2024
- Results will be declared on March 08, 2024 UCEED results will be available only on the official website www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
- Candidates must use their user login and password (created during registration) to view the results on the webpage. All the candidates who appeared in UCEED 2024 can download their Score Card from March 11, 2024 to June 12 , 2024 from the official UCEED 202 4 website
- UCEED 2024 will be held in the following 27 cities in India only – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam , Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Mysuru, Nagpur, Noida, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam..
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website