Study MBBS in Philippines: The Philippines has one of the best education systems in Asia. It is the best place to choose for Indian students to complete their medicine at an affordable cost. The Philippines is the largest English-speaking country in the Southeast Asian region. Students will get quality education in the English language at the best universities at low fees.
Studying MBBS in Philippines has 2 parts they are BS and MD, and the overall course duration is 6 years. The fees for the MBBS course are around 2.5 lakhs to 6 lakhs per year and the cost of living is 12,000 to 15,000 per month. Check the complete details in Study MBBS in Philippines Guidance such as eligibility, duration, fees, syllabus, admission process, and so on.
Overview of Study MBBS in Philippines
|Course Name||MBBS in Philippines (BS and MD)|
|Course Pattern||BS + MD (Doctor of Medicine)|
|Course Duration||6 Years (Including Internship)|
|Is NEET Required||Yes|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not Needed|
|Course Eligibility||Aspirants with a minimum of 50% marks in PCB|
|Course Fees Structure||Rs. 2.5 lakhs per year to Rs. 6 lakhs per year|
|Cost of Living in the Philippines||Rs .12,000- 15,000/Month|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Medical Universities Recognition||MCI, WHO, WFME, FAIMER|
Why Study MBBS in Philippines?
A lot of students and parents from India are willing to study medicine in the Philippines as it offers quality education with other benefits. Here we are giving the best reasons for why MBBS in Philippines.
- The Philippines universities offer the MBBS at low tuition fees. The fee can be paid on an instalment basis.
- Affordable living and accommodation expenses make middle-class students more comfortable.
- The Philippines is largely an English-speaking country. So there is no language barrier occurs while interacting with locals and faculty.
- A variety of Indian food is made available at low cost around every corner of the country. You can even find Indian cuisine on the campus.
- Education in the Philippines is based on the US education system. So it focuses on problem-based learning methodology.
- MBBS in the Philippines awards you an internationally recognized medical degree.
- The Philippines has WHO, NMC, and FAIMER-recognized medical universities.
- The universities provide the students with a medical program that is recognized worldwide.
- Students can easily do postgraduation or choose careers in countries like the USA, UK, and Australia after completing MBBS in the Philippines.
- The Philippines have a tropical climate just like India. So, people can adjust easily.
- Faculties in the Philippines are English-speaking only, and a large share of them are employed in countries like the USA and India.
Advantages of Doing MBBS in the Philippines
The following listed are the benefits of studying medical education in the Philippines.
- Low tuition fees and cost of living lower the financial burden of completing MBBS in the Philippines for Indian students without compromising on the quality of education.
- Medical universities follow the US education pattern which is helpful for students who want to appear for the USMLE exam.
- The colleges in the Philippines had higher FMGE passing percentages than China, Ukraine, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal and Germany in 2016-17.
- MCI-approved medical colleges in the Philippines have remarkable passing percentages in MCI screening test.
- No donation or caption fee is needed.
- IELTS and TOEFL exams are also not needed.
Eligibility to Study Medicine in the Philippines for Indian Students
Students have to fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility conditions to study MBBS in Philippines.
- Students’ age should be more than 17 years.
- They have to score at least 50% marks in PCB in the 12th class for the General category.
- A minimum of 40% score in PCB in the 12th class for SC/ST, OBC category students is needed.
- Applicants have to clear the NEET exam.
Admission Process for Studying MBBS in Philippines
Here is the detailed MBBS in the Philippines admission process.
- The initial step is students have to qualify National Medical Admission Test (NMAT). It is mandatory for getting admission into medical colleges in the Philippines.
- Students can apply online with the NMAT score.
- The Philippines universities will approve your admission and send the acceptance letter.
- Now, deposit the admission and tuition fees.
- Lastly, you have to apply for a student visa.
Documents Needed for Studying MBBS in the Philippines
- Valid Passport
- Application form for student visa
- 3 passport-size photographs of the applicant.
- Medical health certificate
- NOA (Original Notice of Acceptance)
- CEA (Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy)
- Visa Fee
List of MCI Approved Medical Colleges/ Universities in Philippines
Philippines has multiple institutions that offers MBBS course and majority of the colleges are approved by MCI and WHO. The list of top 10 MCI approved medical colleges in the Philippines is here.
- University of Santo Tomas
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- University of Perpetual Help DALTA
- AMA College of Medicine
- Cagayan State University
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- Emilio Aguinaldo College, Manila
- Cagayan State University
- Ago Medical and Educational Center, Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Medical School Foundation
- Cagayan State University
- Cebu Doctor’s Medical University
Study MBBS in Philippines Fee Structure
The fee structure of MCI-approved MBBS universities in the Philippines is tabulated here:
|University Name||Total Fees in Rupees||Annual Hostel Fees in RUpees|
|AMA School of Medicine||Rs. 23,25,000||Rs. 63,000|
|University of Perpetual Help||Rs. 22,70,000||Rs. 49,000|
|Manila Central University||Rs. 27,15,000||Rs. 58,800|
|Our Lady of Fatima University||Rs. 26,70,000||Rs. 42,000|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College||Rs 24,72,000||Rs. 56,000|
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine||Rs. 18,50,000||Rs. 84,000|
Medicine in Philippines Course Structure 2023 and Details
NMAT is the mandatory exam that students have to write to get admission in MBBS in Philippines. The exam is conducted to raise the standards of the election process of MBBS/ MD in Philippines. The main intention of the NMAT exam is to improve the quality of the medical education sector. The course structure and details are along the lines:
- General Medicine
MBBS Course Duration
The MBBS course duration is 6 years including the 1-year internship program. The first 16 months of the medicine will undertake the education in BS Biology as per the norms. The next 4 years will be focused on medicine and clinical subjects.
Philippines MBBS Syllabus
The detailed term-wise MBBS/MD in Philippines Syllabus is provided here:
- History of Medicine
- Preventive and Communicative
- General Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Medicine 1
- Pediatrics 1
- Neuroscience 2
- Surgery 2
- Medicine 2
- Internal Medicine
- Legal Medicine
- Neuroscience 3
- Advanced Pathology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Accommodation Facilities in Philippines MBBS
Most medical universities in Philippines offer accommodation for International students. So, hostel facilities are available for Indian students.
- Hostels are mainly located on campus and well-furnished with all needed facilities.
- Common rooms are available to interact with other students.
- Hostel premises are under CCTV surveillance 24×7 to maintain the security of students.
- The healthy food options are available.
Career Options After MBBS in Philippines
Different career options are available after completing MBBS in Philippines for Indian students. People can pursue the following PG courses after MBBS.
- Radiologist – Internal
- Gynecologist – Medicine
- Dermatologist – Surgery
- Pediatric – Anesthetic
The other career choices after MBBS or MD course are here:
- As part of the course, the internship aims to train students to work in hospitals under the supervision of professional doctors.
- You can pursue a PG course to gain proficiency.
- Students can get into clinical research or begin clinical practice.
- You can even obtain a Master’s degree in Health services, Administration in Philippines or Public Health.
- Indian students can return home and practice in the homeland after passing the MCI screening exam.
MBBS in India vs MBBS in Philippines
|MBBS in India||MBBS in Philippines|
|Degree is MBBS||Degree is BS + MD|
|Course duration is 5.5 years||Course duration is 2 + 4 years|
|You have to score at least 50% in 12th from a recognised board with NEET||You have to score at least 50% in 12th from a recognised board with NEET for MD courses|
|Language of study is the English||Language of study is English|
|Course mode is full-time||Course mode is full-time|
|MCI and WHO recognition colleges are available.||Colleges are recognised by MCI and WHO.|
|Tuition Fees is 1 to 21 lakhs per annum||Tuition Fees is around 15 lakhs per annum|
FAQs on Study MBBS in Philippines
- Can Indians study MBBS in Philippines?
Yes, Indians can study MBBS in Philippines. The medicine degree in Philippines is recognized by MCI and WHO.
- What is the NEET score for MBBS in the Philippines?
The NEET score for MBBS in Philippines was 131 for general-category students. It is mandatory that students have to qualify NEET exam to get admission to Philippines universities.
- Is studying MBBS in Philippines good?
Yes, studying MBBS in Philippines is good as it offers courses at affordable fees.
- How many Indian students doing MBBS in Philippines?
As per the latest data provided by the Indian government, more than 15,000 Indian students are doing MBBS in Philippines.
I hope that the details enclosed here about Study MBBS in Philippines is useful for Indian students. Get to other similar articles like Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Philippines, MBBS Abroad For Indian Students and Study MBBS in Russia at our site.