Study MBBS in Georgia: Georgia is one of the popular places to pursue a career in the medical field. It is the ideal decision for Indian students to study MBBS. The Georgia MBBS universities offer the best facilities for all international medical students and allow admission to candidates who have not qualified for IELTS and TOEFL.
The medical colleges focus on various medical examinations, skilled resources, looked-after medical clinics, and high-quality food. MBBS is a 5-year course with 100% English medium in Georgia. The universities provide scholarships for students with 50% marks. Have a look at the complete details about study MBBS in Georgia like features, eligibility, admission, visa, benefits, top universities, fee structure, duration, and other details.
MBBS in Georgia Key Features
|Name of the Course||MBBS|
|Intake of MBBS||September|
|Duration of the course||5+1 years|
|Eligibility||50% marks in PCB, NEET qualified|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Recognition of Medical Universities in Georgia||NMC, WHO, FAIMER, Ministry of Education Georgia|
|Fees Structure||3850 – 8000 USD Per Year|
|Cost of Living||250 to 270 USD per month|
|IELTS/ TOEFL||Not Needed|
Study MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students
Medical universities in Georgia provide high-quality education to international students. On average more than 500 Indian students are going to Georgia yearly to fulfill their dreams. The educational plan is intended for students to provide theoretical knowledge as well as practice-based learning.
The total duration of the MBBS program in Georgia is 5+1 years. One year is mandatory for the internship program. Georgian universities offer a perfect look at the Soviet Union and European foundations. The language of teaching in all universities is 100% English.
The reason many students prefer to pursue MBBS in Georgia is universities are recognised by WHO and MCI. The staff have good experience and skills.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Georgia
Several advantages attract students to study medicine in Georgia. They are as follows:
- Georgia has the most reliable quality education and the cost of study is also low.
- Georgia has many government-funded medical colleges that are recognized by MCI and WHO.
- Teaching language in colleges is English so that Indian students can easily understand the concepts.
- Almost all Georgian MBBS colleges have an Indian mess.
- The cost of living in Georgia is also low.
- Georgia has an excellent framework and general climate.
- A lot of local people communicate in English which is a benefit for Indian students.
- Georgia is a safe country to live in.
- The students are provided with a modern laboratory facility for enhancing their clinical skills.
- There is no need to give donations to get the MBBS admission in Georgia.
- The Georgian university provides working opportunities to students all over the world.
MBBS in Georgia Fees Structure
Here tabulated are the fees of the top medical colleges in Georgia.
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees per Annum||Hostel Fees per Month|
|Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University||6000 USD||3500 USD|
|David Tvildiani Medical University||8000 USD||3500 USD|
|Caucasus International University||5500 USD||3500 USD|
|European university||5500 USD||3500 USD|
|Ilia State University||5900 USD||3500 USD|
|Georgian National University SEU||5500 USD||3600 USD|
|Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University||8000 USD||3500 USD|
|Tbilisi State Medical University||8000 USD||3500 USD|
|Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy||7200 USD||3500 USD|
|New Vision Medical University||7000 USD||3500 USD|
|Akaki Tsereteli State University||5500 USD||3500 USD|
|University of Georgia||5000 USD||3500 USD|
Medicine From Georgia Eligibility
It is mandatory for students to fulfil the eligibility criteria for studying MBBS in Georgia.
- The candidate’s age should be between 17 and 25 years.
- They must have passed the 12th exam with 50% marks from a science background.
- The NEET exam is mandatory to take admission to the universities.
- Students need to have a passport.
- Students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category have to score at least 45% marks.
MBBS Admission Process in Georgia
Go through the step-by-step instructions to get admission into the medical universities of Georgia.
- Candidates have to enter details in the online application form at the university portal.
- After filling out the application, submit the needed documents.
- Once the process is finished, the university will issue the invitation letter from the university.
- The NMC will approve your admission letter.
- Your university will send the admission letter after verifying your documents.
- Later, the university will conduct the English test online.
- After obtaining the approval letter, you need to pay the tuition fees.
- After receiving all needed documents, apply for the visa.
- This whole process takes 30 to 45 days.
The list of documents that are required to be submitted at the time of the Georgia MBBS Study Admission Process is here:
- Mark sheets of 10th and 12th examinations.
- Valid student Visa
- Medical documents for fitness proof
- Travel insurance
- Date of birth certificate
- Bank statements
- Passport size photographs
- Valid Passport
- Admission letter
- NEET scorecard
MBBS in Georgia vs MBBS in India
|MBBS in Georgia||MBBS in India|
|No specific screening test, valid NEET exam score is required by MCI||Should score good marks in 12th class quality NEET with good percentage|
|The fee structure in Georgia universities is ₹3 lakh to ₹4 lakhs per year and approximately ₹15 lakhs to ₹25 lakhs for complete MBBS degree||The Fee structure in Indian colleges are here:|
Govt Colleges: INR 11,000 to INR 7.5 lakhs for complete course
Private Colleges: INR 20 lakhs to INR 80 lakhs for the complete course
|The course duration is 6 years||The course duration is 5.5 years|
|Students get international exposure thus they get more growth opportunities.||Students don’t have international exposure and limited growth opportunities.|
|In Georgia, the MD is the equivalent degree to MBBS in India.||In India, the MBBS degree is awarded to medical graduates who have completed the MBBS course.|
Top Medical Colleges in Georgia
Studying MBBS from Georgia liberates students from clearing any of tests IELTS and TOEFL. Georgia provides more than 15 finest medical universities which are globally recognised by WHO, NMC and UNESCO. The list of top medical colleges to study MBBS in Georgia in 2023 is provided below:
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Ilia State University
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- University of Georgia
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- European University
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Caucasus International University
Georgia MBBS Syllabus 2023
The semester-wise syllabus for MBBS in Georgia is here:
- Anatomy, Biochemistry, Medical Genetics, History of Medicine, Molecular Biology, Environmental Health,
- Anatomy and Histology, Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems, Clinical & Professional Skills I, and Clinical & Professional Skills II, Cytology, Electives, Bioethics
- Histology, Bio-Chemistry, Anatomy, Nervous System, Respiratory System, Molecular Biology, Medical Microbiology, Behavioural Science and Physiology
- Physiology, Bio-Chemistry, Cardiovascular System Digestive System, Urogenital System, Endocrine System and Skin, Immunology, Virology and Micro-Biology
- Micro-Biology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Pathology (Anatomy), Physical Diagnostics – Propaedeutic, General Surgery, Roentgenology, Medical Radiology, and Path physiology
- Pathology, Path physiology, Pharmacology Research Skills, Basics of Clinical Reasoning, Clinical Skills (Basic), and Pharmacology
- Surgery 1 /Clinical Skills 1, Phtisiatry, Obstetrics, Urology, Nephrology, Clinical Communication Skills, Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings
- Internal Medicine 1 /Clinical Skills 1, Neurology, Medical Psychology, Traumatology, Orthopedics, Occupational Medicine, Elective Course
- Surgery 2/ Clinical Skills 2, Internal Medicine 2/ Clinical Skills 2, Dermato-Venereology, Epidemiology / Research Skills, Hematology, Transfusiology, Laboratory Medicine, Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy, Family Medicine, Gynecology, Infectious Diseases, Allergology and Clinical Immunology
- Endocrinology, Oncology, Elective Course, Psychology, Pediatrics, ENT, General Surgery, Gynecology, Emergency Medicine, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Clinical Toxicology, Emergency Medicine, Reproductology, Pediatric Surgery, Ophthalmology, Neurosurgery, Forensic Medicine, Geriatrics, Research Skills 3 and Cardiology
Scholarship for Medical Students in Georgia
Georgian medical universities doesn’t provides scholarships to the students. But the government helps the students with the following points:
- The government of Georgia sponsors a good amount of annual budget. The government supports that amount in the medical education sector.
- The students are provided stipends based on their academic performance.
- This stipend helps medical students to cover their tuition fees, accommodation, etc.
FAQs on Study MBBS in Georgia
- Is Georgia good for studying MBBS?
Yes, Georgia is good for studying MBBS as Georgian universities offer quality education.
- Is studying MBBS in Georgia better than in India?
Yes, studying MBBS in Georgia is better than in India. Georgia has qualified faculty and modern infrastructure.
- How much does it cost to study MBBS in Georgia?
It costs 3850 – 8000 USD to study MBBS in Georgia.
- What are the disadvantages of doing MBBS in Georgia?
The disadvantages of doing MBBS in Georgia are cheating agents, visa and deportation in recent years.
In a Nutshell
Expect that the data provided here about Study MBBS in Georgia are useful for you. Get in contact with our site to know more related articles like Study MBBS in Russia, Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Georgia and Education Loan for Studying MBBS in India.