State Merit Scholarship Kerala 2023-2024: The State Merit Scholarship Kerala (SMS) aims to provide financial assistance to meritorious and needy students pursuing their graduation and post-graduation. This scholarship is offered by the Department of Collegiate Education, under the purview of the Government of Kerala.
The total scholarship slots are 450, with 300 for graduate students and the remaining 150 for post-graduate students. Furthermore, this scholarship aims to improve employability and reduce unemployment by removing one of the biggest hurdles – poverty and financial crisis. Read on to explore the eligibility criteria, selection process and award amount.
State Merit Scholarship Kerala Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the following criteria to ensure eligibility:
- Candidates must be domiciled in Kerala.
- Must have scored at least 50% or above in the last qualifying exam.
- Annual family income from all sources must not exceed INR 1,00,000.
- Candidates must be a first-year student pursuing graduation or post-graduation courses from a government college or an aided college.
State Merit Scholarship Kerala Dates
- The forms of State Merit Scholarship 2023 Kerala will be available soon.
- Last Date to Apply/renewal of scholarship form – available soon.
State Merit Scholarship Amount
Selected candidates will receive the following benefits:
- 300 graduate students will receive INR 1,250 per annum.
- 150 postgraduate students will receive INR 1,500 per annum.
State Merit Scholarship Kerala Application Process
- Fill in the required details
- A registration ID will be generated
- Proceed to complete the process and submit after cross-verifying the details.
- Note down the Registration ID and password for future reference
- Next, Click on Candidate login on the left navigation panel to complete the application process.
Documents Required for State Merit Scholarship Kerala
Candidates are required to ensure that the following documents are readily available during the time of application.
- Passport Photograph
- Attested copies of marks cards
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Birth certificate (Class 10th board certificate)
- Residential address proof (ration card, voter ID, Aadhar card)
- Disability certificate, if any
State Merit Scholarship Contact Details
The Special offer Scholarships,
Directorate of Collegiate Education,
6th Floor, Vikas Bhavan,
FAQ’s on State Merit Scholarship 2023 Kerala
How to apply for State Merit Scholarship Kerala?
Interested candidates have to visit the Department of Collegiate Education’s official website to apply for the scholarship.
When is the last date to apply?
October 2023 (tentative).
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.