NCERT announces Admission to Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling 2024
NCERT Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling Admission 2024 – National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) invites application for admission to one-year Diploma course for training of professionals in guidance and counselling offered in combining distance and face-to-face modes for the academic year 2024. The course is developed and offered by DEPFE, NIE, New Delhi and Regional Institutes of Education of NCERT at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysore and Shillong. Interested candidates can check more details on NCERT Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling Admission 2024 from the post below.
- The course aims at enhancing the skills and competencies of teachers to promote holistic development of pupils and handle their academic, socio-emotional, and ethical problems
- The course is open to teachers, teacher educators, school administrators and untrained guidance personnel from India.
- The course is for a period of one year, spread over three phases* as given below:
- Phase I – Guided Self-learning – 6 months (Distance)
- Phase II – Intensive Practicum** – 3 months (Face-to-Face)
- Phase III – Internship – 3 months (in Home Town)
- The total number of seats at each of the six centres DEPFE, NCERT, New Delhi and five RIEs at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysore and Shillong is maximum 50. Reservation of seats will apply as per the Government of India norms
- Last date for submission of application form is 03rd November 2023
Eligibility Criteria for NCERT Diploma in Guidance and Counselling Course 2023
- In-service teachers – Graduates with teaching degree
- Presently not working – Graduates with a teaching degree and at least two years of teaching or related experience.
- Postgraduates in psychology/education/social work/child development/special education
- Preference will be given to those with at least one year of teaching or related experience
- Minimum % of marks for all target groups is 50% (5% relaxation for SC/ST)
- Candidates desirous of seeking admission to the course are required to fill-in the prescribed application form which can be downloaded from NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in) or can be obtained in person from any of the six centres.
- Shortlisted candidates based on the eligibility and other criteria will be called at the study centre in their regions for a selection test which includes essay writing and interview.
- Course fee to be paid by different categories of candidates before commencement of the course is:
Category Course Fee
- Government Deputed Candidates from Centrally Funded Organisations (Indian) Rs.19,500/-
- Government Deputed Candidates from State/UT Departments (Indian) Rs. 6,000/-
- Private Candidates (Indian) Rs.30,000/-
- PG Hostel Rs.9,500/- (approx.)
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website