LBS Centre for Science & Technology announces Kerala State Eligibility Test (KSET Exam 2024) for appointment as Higher Secondary School Teachers, Apply now
Kerala SET 2024 – LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) invites applications for Kerala State Eligibility Test (KSET Exam) January 2024 from the interested candidates who wish to be appointed as Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teacher in in VHSE. The Government decided to conduct the State Eligibility Test in order to ensure the standards of teaching in Higher Secondary Course. Kerala SET exam is usually conducted twice a year. Candidates can check more details on Kerala SET 2024 exam – important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application process and more from the page below.
Kerala State Eligibility Test (SET) 2024
Kerala SET 2024 Important Dates
Candidates desirous of applying must keep in mind the important dates for the Kerala SET 2024 which are given below
- Date of KCET Exam Notification: 18-09-2023
- Starting Date to Apply Online & Payment of Fee: 25-09-2023
- Last Date to Apply Online: 25-10-2023 (05:00 PM)
- Last Date for Payment of Fee: up to 27-10-2023 (05:00 PM)
- Last Date for Editing for Submitting Online Application: 28 to 29-10-2023
- Date for Downloading of Admit Card: Will be intimated later
- Date of Exam: Will be intimated later
KCET 2024 Exam Eligibility Criteria
The specific eligibility criteria is set for each subject. Candidates who wish to sit for the Kerala SET January 2024 to be recruited as Higher secondary teacher must ensure eligibility is fulfilled. The eligibility requirements is as follows-
- Those who have acquired Master’s Degree in the subjects concerned with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed. degree in any discipline from any one of the universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other university recognised as equivalent thereto are eligible to apply.
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those having MSc. Ed Degree in the subjects concerned with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by the NCERT are eligible to apply.
- For Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science (with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade) from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible.
- For the subjects Commerce, French, German, Geology, Home Science, Journalism, Latin, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics and Syriac candidates need not acquire B.Ed. Degree for applying for the State Eligibility Test.
- Those who have acquired II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and BEd. are eligible to appear for SET in English.
- (a)Candidates who have acquired DLEd/LTTC in Arabic,Urdu and Hindi but do not have B.Ed Degree are eligible to apply for SET JANUARY-2024.
- (b)For the subject Biotechnology, those who have masters degree in Biotechnology with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed degree in natural science are eligible for applying SET-JANUARY-2024
- Official authorities have given 5% relaxation to the candidates in qualifying marks.
- No age limit is prescribed for candidates appearing for the SET.
- However official authorities haven’t determined a higher age limit for the candidates to apply for the admission procedure.
Application Process for Kerala SET 2024 examination
Candidates are required to follow the steps to given below to complete the application process for Kerala SET 2024
- Candidates who want to apply for SET-JANUARY-2024 are required to fill the application in online mode only at the official website: www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in
Steps to Apply
- STEP 1 – Mobile Number Registration – As the first step in the registration process, a valid mobile number of the candidate has to be registered. An OTP (One time Password) will be sent to the submitted mobile number for confirmation.
- STEP 2 – Filling Online Application Form – Fill in all the required details (Personal and Academic) and submit. A Registration ID will be displayed after the successful submission. This ID has to be kept for future reference.
- STEP 3 – Uploading Photo – Select the photograph file of 200 pixel height and 150 pixel width and file size maximum 30 KB (see instructions for uploading photo).
- STEP 4- Online Payment of Fee – Candidates can make the payment of application fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking or other modes provided in the website. The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- STEP 5- Print Application – Candidates can take the printout of the filled application only after performing the above steps. The printed application form may be kept for future reference. In order to avail scribe facility and the relaxation in marks the differently challenged candidates must send the printout of their online application and the copy of the medical certificate (attested by Gazetted Officer) to LBS Centre.
- For General/OBC – Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST – Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment :Online through credit/debit card/Net Banking or other modes provided in the website
Kerala SET 2024 Exam Pattern
In order to prepare for the exam, candidates should be well aware of the exam pattern. Candidates can check the exam pattern given blow for Kerala SET 2024
- There shall be two papers for the SET- JANUARY – 2024 .
- Duration of the Test : The duration of the Test shall be 120 minutes for each paper.
- Paper I is common for all candidates.It consists of two parts, Part (A) General Knowledge and Part (B) Aptitude in Teaching.
- There shall be 120 questions for Paper I with 60 questions each for Part A and Part B. Each question shall carry one mark.
- Paper II shall be a test based on the subject of specialisation of the candidate at the Post Graduate (PG) Level.
- There shall be 120 questions carrying one mark each for the subjects under Paper II except for Mathematics and Statistics. For Mathematics and Statistics there shall be only 80 questions carrying 1.5 marks each.
Syllabus for Kerala SET
Syllabus is an additional asset that candidates may use to help with effective preparations for Kerala SET 2024.
- The syllabus prescribed for the Test will be based on the core areas in the syllabi in the subjects concerned followed by the Universities in Kerala.
- The approved syllabus of the subjects for SET-January-2024 is available in the official website of the LBS Centre.
Subjects of Kerala SET 2024
The exam will be conducted for the following subjects in Kerala SET 2024
- 02 Arabic; 03 Botany; 04 Chemistry; 05 Commerce; 06 Economics; 07 English; 08 French; 09 Gandhian Studies; 10 Geography; 11 Geology; 12 German; 13 Hindi; 14 History; 15 Home Science; 16 Islamic History; 17 Journalism; 18 Kannada; 19 Latin; 20 Malayalam; 21 Mathematics; 22 Music; 23 Philosophy; 24 Physics; 25 Political Science; 26 Psychology; 27 Russian; 28 Sanskrit; 29 Social Work; 30 Sociology; 31 Statistics; 32 Syriac; 33 Tamil; 34 Urdu; 35 Zoology; 36 General Paper (Paper 1); 37 Biotechnology.
- The admit card for the SET will be prepared for only those candidates who have successfully registered
- Admit card will be available in the website of the LBS Centre www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in from the date which will be announced later in leading dailies and in the official website of the LBS Centre.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website