Iran is making it extremely easy for Indian tourists to visit the nation. The Iranian administration declared on Tuesday, that Indian citizens will no longer need a visa to visit Iran in 2024.
Iran Visa Free
The Iranian government published on Tuesday the requirements for Indian people to visit the country without a visa. According to the announcement, visitors can only arrive by plane and remain for no more than 15 days.
December saw the approval by Iran of an updated visa-waiver scheme for 33 nations, such as Saudi Arabia, India, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, and Mexico. Ezzatollah Zarghami, Iran’s minister of culture, has stated that the action is meant to counteract “Iranophobia operations” and increase tourism.
Conditions for Indian visitors
According to a press release from the Iranian embassies, the Iranian government has eliminated visa requirements for Indian nationals as of February 4th, despite four requirements. The conditions are given below that Indians must fulfill.
- Once every six months, Indian nationals with regular passports will be able to travel to Iran with no visa.
- Their stay is limited to 15 days and cannot be prolonged.
- The waiver of visa requirements only pertains to Indian citizens traveling by plane into Iran. It also exclusively pertains to Indian visitors traveling to Iran for vacation.
- According to the statement, Indian nationals who need different kinds of visas, want to remain longer, or need to enter the country more than once in six months must seek the required visas from Iranian embassies in India.
How many foreign visitors visit Iran?
The World Tourism Organization reports that Iran saw a 315% increase in foreign visitor visits in 2022 compared to the previous year. According to data, Iran welcomed 4.1 million tourists in 2022, up from 990,000 in 2021.
In December of 2023, Moslem Shojai, the chief of the international tourist ministry’s advertising and promotional office in Iran, said that there currently had been an “important rise” in the number of travelers from India.
In the first half of 2023, 31,000 Indians traveled to Iran, a 25% increase from the same year in 2022. According to Shojai, the majority of foreign visitors to Iran come for business, leisure, medical care, and devotion.
What benefits do India and Iran get after this free visa scheme?
Iran wants India to help it stop playing cold shoulder to the US and its allies. In the Union budget for 2024–2025, India has allocated Rs 100 crore for the building of the Chabahar port in Iran.
To help and profit from Iran’s recovering economy, India, the third-highest user and importer of crude oil in the entire world is also taking into consideration Iran’s visa-free travel policy for Indian visitors.
Before the previous US President Donald Trump withdrew from the nuclear protocol with Iran and reimposed penalties on its oil trade, Iran was India’s second-largest exporter of crude oil. After making a strong relationship both countries get numerous advantages that can help both countries to be successful in the world.
Requirements for applying for an Iran visa online
The following paperwork should be ready when you finish your online visa application:
- Passport Travel schedule, if you have booked your trip already.
- You can be asked to include details about your employment experience, past and present educational background, and current occupation.
- Digital self-portrait in compliance with the declared specifications
- A digital copy of your passport that complies with the stated specifications
- When submitting an online visa application, certain applicants may be asked to submit more details based on the type of visa they want to apply for.
How is a flight to Iran booked from India?
Booking through the airline’s website is the simplest way to get an airplane ticket to Tehran, Iran’s capital, or other Iranian towns. As previously mentioned, you may also give ticket-buying services like MakeMyTrip a call and ask professionals to arrange a trip for you.
Many international airlines make frequent calls in the Middle East while traveling from destinations in India to cities in Iran. There are regional aircraft from Indian cities to Tehran operated by airlines such as Emirates, FlyDubai, Oman Air, Air Arabia, and Qatar Airways.
The best method to book a flight with an Iranian airline, such as Iran Air or Mahan Air, is to give them a call and make your reservation directly.
Visit Bscnursing Homepage To Get Relevant Topics.