Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar announces PhD Admission 2024
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar invites applications for admission to PhD Programs in various disciplines for Jan 2024 Session (Academic Year 2023-24).
Check full details such as application process, eligibility criteria, important dates on IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) here.
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2024
PhD Program Offered
PhD in Sciences
PhD in Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences
PhD Program Category
- Regular PhD
- PhD External
- Direct PhD
- Part-Time PhD
- PhD for Staff Members
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2024 Important Dates
- Starting of Online Applications: 03rd October 2023
- Last Date for Application: 25th October 2023
- Date of written test/ Interviews : To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2024
- A master’s degree in engineering (ME / MTech) or medicine (MD) or pharmaceutical sciences (MPharm) or veterinary science (MVSc) or dental surgery (MDS), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). Or
- A master’s degree in sciences (MSc / MS) or equivalent, with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). A valid GATE score or qualified in UGC/CSIR/NET/INSPIRE fellowship, or equivalent. Or
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (BE /BTech) or pharmacy (BPharm), with a minimum of 65 percent marks (7.0 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. A bachelor’s degree from an IIT with a minimum of 8 grade points on a scale of 10 points without GATE. Or
- A MBBS, BVSc, or BDS, with a minimum of 65 percent marks (7.0 grade points on a scale of 10).
- Masters degree in Chemical Engineering or in any Allied Branch of Chemical Engineering with CGPA 6.5 (or 60%). For SC and ST candidates, CGPA criteria at Bachelors degree is relaxed to 6.0 (or 55%). OR
- Master of Science with any specialization with CGPA 8.0 and above. A valid GATE/UGC/CSIR-NET/DST-INSPIRE (PhD) or any other national fellowship in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. For SC and ST candidates, CGPA criteria at Masters level is relaxed to 7.5 (or 70%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering followed by a Master’s degree in an appropriate area with consistently good academic background.
- Computer Science and Engineering M.Tech./M.E/M.S. (or an equivalent qualification) in computer science and engineering (or related areas) with 60% marks (or 6.5 grade point out of 10) (55% marks for SC/ST). OR
- Candidates with B. Tech/B.E/MCA*/MSc* with 60% marks (or 6.5 grade point out of 10) (55% marks for SC/ST) degree in computer science and engineering or related area with a valid GATE score. OR
- Candidates with B. Tech/B.E/MCA*/MSc* with 60% marks (or 6.5 grade point out of 10) (55% marks for SC/ST) degree in computer science and engineering or related area without valid GATE score but having external funding like NET JRF, DST Inspire, etc. Such candidates will not be eligible for institute fellowships.
- *The candidates with MSc/MCA will be treated equivalent to B.Tech..
PhD in Sciences
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Physics/ Maths/ Chemistry or relevant subject / B. Tech. in Engineering Physics with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or MTech in relevant areas.
- Candidates should also have a Valid GATE / UGC NET/ JRF/ DST-Inspire Fellowship Scorecard.
PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Master’s degree in Economics, English Literature, Philosophy, and Sociology with 55% (or 6.0-grade point out of 10) OR Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Engineering from any of the IITs/NITs or any other ‘Institute of National Importance’ with a minimum of 55% (or 6 grade points out of 10)
- Candidates should also have a Valid GATE / UGC / CSIR NET or equivalent examination DST-Inspire Fellowship Scorecard.
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website www.iitrpr.ac.in
- The candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information is available on the University website.
- For GEN/ OBC Candidates : Rs.200/-
- For Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates : Rs.100/-
- Mode of Fee Payment : Through Online mode
- Admission is offered on the basis of an interview held usually a month before the commencement of the semester for which admission is sought. The interview may be supplemented by a written test, if necessary.
- Merely satisfying the general eligibility criterion as well as criterion set for each admission category is no guarantee for being called for test/interview.
- Depending on the number of applications received and considering the constraints of time and other resources for conducting Written Test and Interview, the Academic Units may put additional academic performance based shortlisting criteria.
- The dates of the written test/interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates through email.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website