Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jammu announces Admission to PhD Program for Academic Session 2023, Apply now
IIT Jammu PhD Admission – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jammu invites application for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program through special admission drive from candidates belonging to SC/ST/EWS/OBC-NCL/PwD category in various departments for the academic session 2023-24
IIT Jammu PhD Admission 2023
Departments offering PhD Program
- Bio Sciences and Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Categories PhD Category
- Institute Research student/ candidate (Full Time)
- Start date of the application: 09th October 2023
- End Date of the application: 30th October 2023
For Full Time PhD Program at the Institute
- A Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/ Technology along with a good academic record.
- Master’s degree in Science (with a good academic record) and a valid GATE score / UGC/CSIR-JRF/GPAT/ NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptional
academic record and a valid GATE score in the eligible disciplines
- Exemption for GATE under schemes as agreed by IIT Council for students of NITs/IITs/
IIITs/ IISERs/ IISc may be acceptable. The Candidate should have a minimum of 8.0 CGPA
during B.Tech program.
- UGC-CSIR NET Lectureship (LS) can be used as selection criteria if candidate qualifies
interview cum selection process at the department level and Institute fellowship will be granted
to such candidates.
- Candidates need to register and fill the application online only by accessing the website erp.iitjammu.ac.in/phdapplication
Other Important Instructions
- Candidates are advised to read every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before applying Online
- Candidates are requested to apply online only. Hard copies of the application need not be submitted. Physical application will not be considered
- Prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for an interview
- General/Gen-EWS/OBC Category – Rs.300/-
- SC/ST/PWD Category Candidate – Rs.100/-
- Admission in the mentioned course will be made through a counseling process.
- Candidates will be called for counseling, on the basis of merit.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website