IIT JAM 2024 Application Form – How to Apply for JAM Exam?
IIT JAM Application Form 2024 – The IIT JAM 2024 or the IIT Joint Admission test for Masters is an admission test conducted each year in order to offer admission to postgraduate degree programmes and solidify science as a viable career choice for students everywhere. The IIT JAM 2024 Application form has already been released on September 5, 2023. The forms have been released on the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) (/ApplicationProcess.php#).
IIT JAM 2024 Registration Date
IIT JAM 2024 Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) Website Opens
September 05, 2023
Last Date for Online Registration
October 13, 2023
Date of Examination
February 11, 2024
IIT JAM 2024 Registration
How to Apply for IIT JAM 2024?
Step 1: Registration Process
- Only the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) accessible through the “Candidate Portal” button on the website will accept applications for IIT JAM 2024.
- Candidates have to first register on JOAPS website, by providing their name, a valid e-mail address, an active mobile number and setting a password.
Step 2: Completing the registration process
- Upon successful registration, the candidate’s Enrolment ID and OTP will be sent to the e-mail address and mobile number provided by the candidate.
- The candidate needs to use this Enrolment ID or e-mail address along with the password for submitting the application.
- Candidates are advised to keep the Enrolment ID and the password safe and confidential.
- Fill out the Exam details, such as the test paper the candidate wishes to appear for, the top 3 preferable examination cities for the candidate.
- Next, fill out all the requested personal details as asked in the IIT JAM 2024 Application Form.
- In case of SC/ST/PwD, the candidates must upload the scanned copies of the required documents, the details for which are provided in detail above.
- The details of qualifying degree should be filled out by the candidate next, so as to proceed further in the application process.
Step 3: Application Fee
- Once the details have all been uploaded, the candidate is now required to pay the IIT JAM 2024 application fee.
- It is important to note that the candidates can only pay their application fee through online modes such as net banking, debit card, credit card or UPI.
- The hard copy of the e-challan form and the IIT JAM 2024 Fee form should be with the candidates, once the IIT JAM 2024 Application process has been completed.
Step 4- Application Status
- The candidate can check the status of the application form such as Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, and Admit card ready for download.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Fee
The following is the IIT JAM 2024 Application Fee:-
Fees Amount- One Test Paper
Fees Amount- Two Test Paper
All others/ General
- Moreover, it is important to note that the candidates can only pay their application fee through online modes such as net banking, debit card, credit card or UPI.
- Note that the application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable, and thus once submitted there is no way for the candidate to cancel their application.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Correction Fee
- If the candidate wishes to change their examination cities/test papers/category/gender, then the fee for such changes is Rs.300 apart from the fee paid when completing the application process.
- It is important to note that the candidates can only pay their application correction fee through online modes such as net banking, debit card, credit card or UPI.
Application Form – Documents Required
The following documents are important when filling out the IIT JAM 2024 Application form:-
3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
480 x 640 pixels
2 cm x 7 cm
160 x 560 pixels
- Scanned copy of 10th standard (SSC) Marksheet.
- Scanned copy of the Category (OBC-NCL/EWS/SC/ST) Certificate (if applicable) as per guidelines
- Scanned copy of Physical Disability Certificate (if applicable) or Unique Disability Identification (UDID) certificate
What after IIT JAM Registration 2024?
The candidates are chosen based on their performance in the IIT JAM 2024. There will be four rounds of admissions scheduled, but if seats are not filled, there may be more rounds of admission or counseling. All Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) will participate in the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) for IIT JAM 2024 counseling.
IIT JAM 2024 Registration FAQs
Q How can I pay the registration fee for IIT JAM 2024?
Ans. The IIT JAM 2024 application fee can only be paid online. Candidates have three options for paying the IIT JAM application fee: credit card, debit card, and net banking.
Q Can I change my category while completing the IIT JAM 2024 application?
Ans. Candidates who are qualified but have changed their category may apply for admission with a current category certificate (irrespective of the category mentioned on the Candidate Portal).
Q Can I apply for two test papers from the IIT JAM 2024 application form?
Ans. Candidates may register for up to two IIT JAM 2024 test papers. But applicants must ensure that the JAM exam papers are given in distinct sessions.
Q Can I change the information in my IIT JAM 2024 application form?
Ans. You can change information in your application from IIT JAM related to the selection of courses and exam centers provided that you pay the correction fee of Rs 300.
The article gives an insight into the IIT JAM 2024 Application form, registration process, documents required among other things. The IIT JAM 2024 Application form has already been released on September 5, 2023. The forms have been released on the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) (/ApplicationProcess.php#). The last date for IIT JAM 2024 is October 13, 2023.
Also See :