International Institute for Population Sciences Mumbai announces Admission to Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Program 2023, Apply Now
IIPS Mumbai Post Doctoral Fellowship Admission 2023 – International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) Mumbai invites applications for admission to the full-time Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) program of the Institute with Government of India fellowship for the academic session 2023-24.The International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) Mumbai, formerly known as the Demographic Training and Research Centre (DTRC) serves as a regional centre for Training and Research in Population Studies for the ESCAP region. The PDF program is designed to provide support and opportunities for young researchers who have completed their PhD. The program offers a GoI fellowship, allowing research work without financial worries. Program extend the opportunities such as i) to work closely with experienced IIPS faculties, ii) to collaborate with peers working in population studies/biostatistics and demography, iii) to engage with research community working on large-scale projects such as NFHS, LASI, GATS etc., and iv) to provide a platform for contribution to the field of population studies. Check info on IIPS Mumbai Post Doctoral Fellowship Admission 2023 through the post below.
IIPS Mumbai Post Doctoral Fellowship Admission 2023
PDF Program Details
- Duration: One year full-time
- No. of GoI Fellowships: Maximum Five (05)
- All eligible candidates are required to apply by October 15, 2023
- Candidates having PhD degree in Population Studies or subjects related to Population, Health Sciences, Gender Studies, Development Studies and Social Sciences are eligible to apply. Eligible foreign candidates can also apply for admission, provided they secure financial support from any outside agency
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for the P.D.F.
- Publications in peer reviewed journals/edited books. The upper age limit is 40 years as on OCTOBER 15, 2023
- The selected Indian candidates will be awarded Government of India fellowship @Rs. 50,000/- plus HRA per month for one year.
- Application form format is attached at the end of the information bulletin.
- Candidates are required to fill the the application form and send the hard copy of the application form along with CV, copies of academic credentials, work experience, publication reprints and research proposal to “The Assistant Registrar, Academic Section, International Institute for Population Sciences, Govandi Station Road, Deonar, Mumbai-400088” on or before October 15, 2023
- Candidates who have already applied for the PDF programme are advised not to apply again.
- The non-refundable processing fee is Rs.1000/- for General category, Rs.500/- for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and Rs.500/- for EWS category, Rs.250/- for SC/ST/PWD Category
- The bank draft should be in favour of Director, IIPS, Mumbai
- Processing fee will not be charged from the foreign candidates while submission of application forms
- Selection will be based on the research proposal presentation and personal Interview. The Institute shall not bear travel expenses of the candidates called for the presentation and interview.
- All selected candidates shall be paid to-and-fro economy class air-fare expenses(as per GoI norms) at the time of joining and completing the programme. All selected candidates are required to be at the Institute as a full-time research fellow.
- In case of the selection the candidate is expected to join the program by mid of December 2023.
- Five percent of the monthly fellowship for availing facilities viz; library, computer centre, internet, and space
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website