District Merit Scholarship (DMS) 2023: The Directorate of Collegiate Education (DCE), Government of Kerala has released the notification for the District Merit Scholarship (DMS) 2023. The District Merit Scholarship has initiated by the Directorate of Collegiate Education, Govt. of Kerala. This scheme is available only for the students of Kerala State. The government of Kerala grants District Merit Scholarship (DMS) 2023 to students who have passed in all subjects in the SSLC exam with A+ grade. This SSLC exam must be conducted by the Board of Public Examination, Kerala.
The application form for District Merit Scholarship will be available soon on the official website. Candidates can fill the application and apply for this scholarship from here. The motive behind the DMS is to notify candidates regarding engineering courses after class 10th or 12th every year. Read the article below to get more information about District Merit Scholarship 2023.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.
District Merit Scholarship (DMS) 2023
DMS is available for students of Kerala who are currently studying in Higher Secondary, VHSC, ITI or polytechnic Courses. This Scholarship is one of the initiatives of Govt. of Kerala to encourage Kerala students for pursuing engineering courses. DMS provides financial support to the underprivileged students who cannot afford their education. It also helps meritorious students to complete engineering courses without financial hassle.
Govt. of Kerala has introduced DMS to award the outstanding meritorious students in the education sector as well as in the economically and socially backward classes. This project envisages the development and implementation of a web-based scholarship management system. It is an efficient and foolproof system that facilitates DCE for selection of students and disbursements of scholarships.
Govt. of Kerala releases both Fresh and Renewal application forms to apply for DMS. It is mandatory that candidates applying for DMS Fresh Application should not applied for it earlier. On the other hand, a Renewal Application is for those candidates who have applied for it earlier.
District Merit Scholarship (DMS) Overview
|Organization Name||Kerala Directorate of Collegiate Education (DCE Scholarship)|
|Scholarship Name||District Merit Scholarship (DMS) Fresh & Renewal 2023-24|
|Amount of Scholarship||Rs. 1,250/- per annum to each scholar|
District Merit Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
|Start of DMS Fresh Scholarship Application||February 1 2023|
|Deadline to Submit DMS Fresh Scholarship Application||April 20 2023|
|Release of DMS Result||Updated Soon|
|Disbursement of Scholarship to the selected students||Updated Soon|
|Start of DMS Renewal Scholarship Application||Updated Soon|
|Deadline to Submit DMS Renewal Scholarship Application||Updated Soon|
District Merit Scholarship 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for DMS 2023:
- Students must have passed an A+ grade in all subjects in the SSLC examination.
- Students must have passed the SSLC examination conducted by the Board of Public Examinations, Kerala State.
- Students studying in Higher Secondary / VHSC / ITI / Polytechnic courses can apply for DMS.
District Merit Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
The Higher Education Department of Govt. of Kerala is responsible for the selection of the meritorious students. The final selection for DMS depends on the academic record and income of parents.
District Merit Scholarship 2023 Application Process
The application for DMS will be available online on August 1. Candidates can fill and submit the application from here. Refer to the below points to apply for District Merit Scholarship 2023.
- Candidates should visit the official website of DCE, Govt. of Kerala.
- Select the “District Merit Scholarship (DMS)” from the types of scholarship list. Refer to the picture below:
- Then, click on “Apply Online” to redirect to the Candidate Login page.
- Already registered candidates can enter the login details as shown in the below picture
- Otherwise, click on the “New Registration” to generate an account.
- Fill the correct and valid details in the application form in capital letters.
- Recheck the application thoroughly to avoid rejection by DCE, Govt of Kerala during verification.
- Upload scanned copies of all required documents along with the application. The documents must be attested by the Head of the School/ College/ University.
- Submit the completed application along with the required documents.
- Then, you will receive an automated email regarding your login Id and password.
- Keep the credentials safe for your future usage.
- Finally, take a printout of the DMS application form for future purposes.
District Merit Scholarship Checklist of Documents
The below-mentioned documents must be uploaded along with the application to apply for DMS 2023.
- Recent passport size photograph
- Attested copies of school/college certificates and mark Sheets
- Candidates annual family income certificate and affidavit for any additional income
- Attested copies of caste certificate
- Age proof (birth certificate or class 10th board certificate)
- Residential proof (electricity bill, ration card, voter Id, aadhar card, and so forth)
- Attested copies of disability certificates, if any
- Candidates Bank Account details in the prescribed format
District Merit Scholarship Renewal
The DMS Renewal application form will be released online soon. Candidates can fill the application and apply for renewal from here. Candidates who have already registered for DMS must renew it every year. Candidates should have satisfactory performance in each year’s annual exam to renew this scholarship. Candidates should maintain the academic requirements and conduct to apply for DMS Renewal. Refer the below points to Renew the District Merit Scholarship application form.
- Candidates should visit the official website of DCE, Govt. of Kerala to renew the application.
- Login by entering registration Id, date of birth, password and selecting Renewal. Edit the old application form which exists in the DCE portal.
- Make sure that the modified details are accurate and filled in the specified format. For any corrections modify the form accordingly.
- Then, submit the DMS Renewal application form and check the status online.
District Merit Scholarship Result
The result for DMS will be released on the official website in October 2023. DCE prepares the final selection list of candidates to award the scholarship. Candidates can go to the official website of DCE, Govt. of Kerala to check the selection list of the scholarship beneficiaries. Candidates can check the selection list by entering the Scholarship Type, State, District, and College/ Institution Name. The list of selected candidates’ names and institution names will appear on the screen. Candidates can search their names in the selection list to confirm their chances of receiving the scholarship. The selected candidate’s documents will be verified by DCE after declaring the result. The Scholarships will be disbursed only to the selected candidates by DCE, Govt.of Kerala on October 2023.
District Merit Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any queries related to District Merit Scholarship or any assistance contact on the below-mentioned details.
|Phone Number||0471-2306580 / 9446096580|
|Address||Directorate of Collegiate Education (DCE), 6th Floor, Vikas Bhawan, Thiruvananthapuram -695033|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
FAQ’s on District Merit Scholarship 2023
How is the District Merit Scholarship helpful to Kerala students?
The government of Kerala grants District Merit Scholarship (DMS) 2023 to students who have passed in all subjects in the SSLC exam with A+ grade. This SSLC exam must be conducted by the Board of Public Examination, Kerala.
Is District Merit Scholarship available to all state students?
No, this scholarship is available only for the students of Kerala State. The District Merit Scholarship has initiated by the Directorate of Collegiate Education, Govt. of Kerala.
How much scholarship amount will be disbursed to the meritorious students?
The scholarship amount of Rs. 1,250/- per annum will be disbursed to each scholar.
What are the DMS application’s starting and closing dates?
The DMS application’s starting date is August 2023. Whereas the closing date is September 2023.
The District Merit Scholarship is available for which courses?
District Merit Scholarship is available for students of Kerala who are currently studying in Higher Secondary, VHSC, ITI or polytechnic Courses.
Hope this article will help you to get more information about District Merit Scholarship (DMS) 2023. If you have queries related to DMS, then leave it in the comment box to get in touch with us.