Exam dates for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (CSIR-UGC NET) exam announced
CSIR NET December 2023: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research has announced the exam dates for Joint CSIR-UGC NET December 2023. The National Testing Agency will be conducting the examination from December 26 to 28, 2023 to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for Lectureship (LS) /Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges. The dates for online application process is yet to released by NTA
The Human Resource Development Group (HRDG), a division of CSIR taking to X(formally Twitter), wrote “The upcoming #CSIR-UGC-NET Examination is scheduled on 26th, 27th and 28th of December, 2023. The dates for the online application process shall be released shortly by NTA.”
CSIR-NET is conducted twice a year in June and December. CSIR NET is conducted in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology (Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences).
The basic eligibility criteria candidates must fulfill to appear for CSIR NET 2023 are
- Candidates should have obtained a degree in BTech/BE/BPharma/MBBS/BS (four years)/Integrated BS-MS/MSc with a minimum of 55 per cent marks for General (UR)/General-EWS and OBC (50 per cent for SC/ST, Third gender and PwD).
- Candidates should be a maximum of 28 years of age. The upper age limit is relaxable for up to 5 years for SC/ST/Third gender/PwD/Females and up to 3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
- There is no upper age limit to apply for the post of Lectureship (LS)/ Assistant Professor
- Candidates can apply for Joint CSIR-UGC NET Dec 2023 through the “Online” mode. Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website
- Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the Email Address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on registered Mobile Number only.
- General/General-EWS INR – Rs.1000/-
- OBC-NCL* INR – Rs.500/-
- SC/ST INR – Rs.250/-
- Third gender INR – Rs.250/-
- PwD – NIL
Mode of Payment
- Through Credit/Debit Card/ Net-Banking/ UPI/ Paytm
CSIR NET 2023 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT) only
- Exam sessions: The CSIR NET entrance exam will be held in two sessions;
- First session: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Second session: 02:30 pm to 05:30 pm
- Duration of Exam: 180 minutes (03 hours)
- Type of Question: All the parts will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions.
- Question Paper: The question paper shall be divided into three parts.
Subject Wise Scheme of Exam
Subjects of the Test
Earth, atmospheric, ocean and planetary sciences
Candidates who will qualify in CSIR NET will get a fellowship of INR 31,000 per month for a period of 2 years as JRF and followed by INR 35,000 per month fellowship for a period of 3 additional years. They will also get an opportunity to work in top Research Laboratories as Junior research fellow, Senior research fellow, Project Associate, Research Associate, Project fellow, and Senior Project fellow.