Exam date for COMEDK UGET 2024 for Engineering courses announced
COMEDK 2024 Exam Date (Out) – Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) has announced the exam date for COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test (UGET) 2024 for Engineering (BE, BTech and BArch) Courses. As per the notification, COMEDK 2024 will be conducted on May 12, 2024 in online mode for the academic session 2024-25 admissions. The online application process for the same is expected to begin on 3rd week of January 2024
COMEDK exam is a common entrance test held at the national level for admission conducted for the candidates seeking admission to BE, BTech and BArch courses in over150 engineering colleges in Karnataka under the Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association (KUPECA).
Aspirants can check all the details regarding COMEDK like, the application dates, eligibility criteria, Application process, syllabus, exam pattern and more on the post given below.
COMEDK UGET 2024 Exam Dates
Application Form Starts
3rd week of January 2024
Availability of Mock Test Online
1st week of February 2024
Last Date to fill Application
3rd week of April 2024
Online Form Correction
4th week of April 2024
1st week of May 2024
12th May 2024
Release of Provisional Answer Key
2nd week of May 2024
Final Answer Key
3rd week of May 2024
4th week of May 2024
1st week of July 2024
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK 2024
COMEDK eligibility criteria for Undergraduate Courses vary for different courses. Given below is the key eligibility criteria for B.Tech and B.Arch courses:
Candidates from all over the country can appear for the COMEDK 2024.
Nationality: Candidate applying must be a citizen of India
For UG Engineering Courses (B.Tech)
- The qualifying examinations for admission for B.E. should be the second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by the State / Central Government.
- 10+2 subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- A minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Relaxation of marks – 40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State
- Candidates should have passed each subject individually.
- Diploma holders are not eligible for COMEDK. No lateral entry is allowed in any course.
- Appearing for the COMEDK Entrance Test will also be considered an attempt for figuring in the rank list.
For UG Architecture Courses (B. Arch)
- Qualifying exam for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2
- 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also, 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
- Candidates should have qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2024.
- No Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch courses need to submit a separate application form for counseling as per the notification on COMEDK website.
COMEDK 2024 Application Form
The application form for the COMEDK 2024 entrance exam will be available soon on the official website. The general application process includes the following steps
- Step 1 Registration: Visit the official website of COMEDK i.e. comedk.org. Click on the link and get registered yourself on the website. Fill all the details required in the registration/application form along with the valid mobile number and email ID. After successful registration, you will receive a unique email ID and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Step 2 Fill Online Application Form: Log in with the system generated user ID and password to complete the application process. Fill all the details in the application form such as personal, academic qualification, test centers, and some other necessary details.
- Step 3 Uploading the documents: Upload the recent color photograph (30mm x 45mm) in JPEG format with not more than 80kb. The size of the uploaded signature should be (35mm x 80m) with the maximum file size of 80kb. Candidates also have to upload the signature of father/guardian and unique Id proof in 80kb and 150 kb formats, respectively.
- Step 4 Online Fee Payment: Proceed to make payment by clicking on the payment gateway mode. You can re-login and check your status for the payment. Before clicking on the submit button, preview your Application Form by clicking on the “Preview” button and re-verify your application form.
COMEDK 2024 Exam Pattern
In order to prepare for the exam, candidates are suggested to go through the COMEDK exam pattern 2024.
- Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Test (CBT),i.e. Online
- Medium of Exam: English only
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Type
- Total Marks: 180 marks
- Total Duration: 3 hours
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, candidates get 1 mark. There is no negative marking
Sections in Exam
No. of Questions
COMEDK 2024 Syllabus
The COMEDK 2024 syllabus is an additional asset that candidates may use to help with effective preparations. COMEDK 2024 Syllabus contains three important sections- Mathematics, Chemistry & Physics. Candidates can check the Section-wise syllabus given below:
- Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current & Electricity
- Alternating current
- Physical World & Measurement
- Coordination Chemistry
- Chemistry in Action
- Chemistry in action
- Coordination chemistry and organometallics
- Transition metals including lanthanides
- Chemistry of carbon compounds
- Chemistry of biological processes
- Matrices and Determinants
- Vector Algebra
- 3D Geometry
- Differential calculus
- Differential equations
- Integral calculus
- Exponential and logarithmic series
- Correlation and regression