In this article, you will get details about CBSE Skill Expo and Guidance Festival 2023. So let us discuss in detail. Here we go!
CBSE Skill Expo and Guidance Festival 2023 – Previous Year at a glance
CBSE has recently released Circular No. – Skill-95/2023 dated 14.08.2023. The important pointers for this workshop are as follows which were organized in the previous year:
- It was organized on Skill courses.
- It is for school Principals and Teachers of CBSE-affiliated schools
- At various locations such as Panipat, Agra, and Lucknow
- It was organized to create awareness for skills along with recognizing the importance of skills
- It was organized by CBSE in association with Lifology Foundation as the National Guidance Festival for students and parents of class VIII-to XII
- It was organized in a digital mode
- It provided information on a future career, skillsets to excel, and a clear plan regarding “Which career paths to choose and how to reach the destination“
- It was a great success in creating awareness
NEP 2020 and Skill subjects
NEP 2020 emphasized the importance of scientific guidance for children at schools and here the question comes is – “How to decide what to become in the future“.
The decision becomes very tough and complex in the current scenario as lots of changes are happening in the world. It simply signifies the role of a scientific career and skill guidance at school.
Zest of CBSE Skill Expo and Guidance Festival 2023
- CBSE intends to integrate Skill Expo and National Guidance Festival
- Organize various events comprising all regions
- Then a national level event will be held
- The aim to organized such event is to encourage the creativity, innovate and foster peer learnings of students, teachers, and principals
Benefits for participation in CBSE Skill Expo and Guidance Festival 2023
the benefits are as follows:
- Inspiring dreams
- Inspire young minds
- Dream big by showcasing success stories and models from various fields
- Motivating them to strive skill development and aspirations
- Exploring pathways
- Help students to discover a wide range of skills and career paths
- Empowering them to make informed choices about their future
- Industry Insights
- Offer insights into current industry trends and emerging fields
- helping students align their skill development and educational choices with the demands of the job market
- Job Ready Skills
- Orient students about the job ready skills of future such as AI, Robotics, Data Science, Genomics and so on.
- Give students right exposure to the fields and guide them on decision making
- 21st Century Skills
- Expose students to the need for essential skills
- communication, critical thinking, and adaptability, preparing them for the ever-evolving job market
- Guidance and Counselling
- Provide expert guidance and group counselling sessions
- assist students in understanding their strengths, interests, skill development and potential career options
- Parental Involvement
- Engage parents in the skill development and career planning process
- create a supportive environment at home, facilitating better decision-making by students.
- Holistic Profile
- orient the participants to focus not only on academic excellence but also on skill development, overall personal growth
- emphasizing the importance of well-rounded development for successful careers
Themes for CBSE Skill Expo and Guidance Festival 2023
|Local to global||Sub-themes shall be intimated in due course of time through separate notifications|
|Health and Wellness|
|Hospitality & Tourism|
|Sustainability & Environmental Conservation|
|AVGC Sector (Animation, visual effect, Gaming, Comics)|
Guidelines for participation
All schools willing to participate adhere to these guidelines:
- Register using the link which shall be provided in the notification along with the timeline for the skill expo separately (as per schedule).
- Eligibility for participation – The students may participate in any of the 02- categories:
- Category I – Classes 6 to 10
- Category II – Classes 11 to 12
- A School Team will be represented by:
- 1 teacher & 2 students per skill
- one mentor Skill teacher
- The skill expo will be organized at Two levels
- A minimum of one and maximum of three skills from one school can be exhibited
- A minimum of two teams can be registered by a school.
- The names of the students and the mentor teacher, once registered, cannot be changed at any stage of the exhibition.
- The school team participating at the Regional and National Levels must remain the same.
- The themes/sub-themes once selected cannot be changed.
- The skill chosen cannot be changed.
- The project/exhibit to be showcased may be:
- The process used to create an item/product.
- application of entrepreneurship
- Care should be taken to use eco-friendly innovative materials in the preparation of exhibited
- The teams would be required to submit the details of their respective projects
- list of materials used
- The details must be submitted within the stipulated time frame (as mentioned in the respective notification).
- The screening of the entries would be done before the regional/national level exhibitions
- Schools can either prepare or exhibit one skill on their own or they can include experts in the particular field also
- The exhibits will be assessed by a team of experts as per the following criteria:
|a. Creativity and imagination||20%|
|b. Originality and innovativeness||15%|
|c. Scientific thought/principle/approach||15%|
|d. Technical skills, workmanship, craftsmanship etc.||15%|
|e. Entrepreneurship, scalability and utility for society in future||15%|
|f. Economics (low cost), portability and durability||10%|
|g. Presentation – effectiveness of display and relevant explanations||10%|
Schedule of event
|S.No||Tentative Dates||Duration||Proposed City||Concerned RO|
|1||September 13, 2023|
|1 Day||New Delhi||Delhi East|
|2||September 20, 2023|
|3||September 27, 2023|
|4||October 5, 2023|
|5||October 11, 2023|
|6||October 17, 2023|
|7||November 01, 2023|
|8||November 14, 2023|
|9||November 15, 2023|
|1 Day||Trivandrum||National Event|
- Schools under the concerned regional office of the Board shall be eligible
- Students, principals and teachers of CBSE affiliated schools can participate
- The participating school/team would bear all expenses including lodging/boarding arrangements at the venue city
- Certificates will be awarded to the selected best entries at the Regional/National Level
- There is no fee for registering
- Shortlisted projects will be informed via e-mail
- The selected best exhibits (the number may increase or decrease depending on the quality of the exhibit) at each Regional Level exhibition will be eligible to participate in the National Level Exhibition
- The decision of the committee members/experts for screening the entries will be considered final
Venue of the event shall be notified region wise in the due course of time. The notification in this regard shall be displayed well in time from the event date.
For further queries write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the given link for the official circular:
That’s all from the latest CBSE Update 2023. Feel free to share your views in the comment section.
Thank you for visit!