Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023: Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, also known as Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM), is a scholarship provided by the Government of West Bengal. It is primarily aimed to assist meritorious, economically backward students pursuing class XI, XII, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. Its scope also entitles Kanyashree recipients (K-2) to receive the benefits.
Ever since its inception, it has helped countless underprivileged students. Hence, the Government of West Bengal significantly increased the number of available slots as well as the total funding. Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 has an even larger scope compared to the previous revisions of this scholarship.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Overview
|Organization Name||Government of West Bengal (WB)|
|Percentage of Marks||75% Aggregate Marks in the Previous Examination|
|Scholarship Name||Bikash Bhavan Scholarship|
|Applying||Renewing / Fresh|
|Mode of Application||Online & Offline|
|Organization Website||www.eservice.wb.gov.in or www.highereducationwb.in|
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 Dates
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 Last Date is November 2023. Provided below are important dates with respect to Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023:
|Starting date of online application (New)||October 2023|
|Closing date of online application (New)||February 2024|
|Starting date of online application (Minority category)||July 12 2023|
|Closing date of online application (Minority category)||31 December 2023|
Note: The tentative dates are subjected to change as per the respective authority
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To avail of the scholarship, students must fulfill certain criteria prescribed by the state government. They are as follows:
- The candidate must be domiciled in West Bengal
- The candidate must pursue a course at the post-madhyamik level and above at an educational institution, after graduating from a state board, the council of secondary or higher secondary, Madrasah education or a state university
- The annual income of the candidates’ family must not exceed ₹2,50,000
Besides the criteria stated above, there are more course-specific criteria that the candidates need to fulfill to avail their respective scholarships. Read on to explore more
|Present Course||Course-specific Eligibility Criteria||Percentage Required|
|Higher Secondary||Candidates should have cleared Madhyamik Pariksha or equivalent exam||An aggregate of 75%|
|Polytechnic/Diploma||Candidates should have cleared Madhyamik Pariksha or equivalent exam for the 1st-year diploma.|
Candidates should have cleared higher secondary exam or equivalent for 2nd-year diploma in the following:
|An aggregate of 75%|
|Undergraduate Courses||Candidates should have cleared higher secondary examination or equivalent.||An aggregate of 75% (The best of 5)|
|Postgraduate Courses||Must have studied honors subjects at graduation||53%|
|Honors in engineering subjects at graduation level||55%|
|Kanyashree Applicants (K3)||Candidates must possess a valid sanctioned K-2 ID.|
Candidates should currently be pursuing a postgraduate course in either Arts, Science or Commerce.
Candidates should have passed graduation
|An aggregate of 45%|
|For M.Phil./Non-NET/NET-LS Research Fellow||Candidates pursuing a Ph.D. or M.Phil. program from a state-funded institution are eligible||N/A|
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 – Application Guide
Candidates can apply for their respective scholarships by following the steps detailed here:
- Step 1 – Visit the Official Website: Candidates need to visit the official website https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/ (Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship). Then, navigate to the top right of the page and click “Registration.”
- Step 2 – Login: Candidates are required to furnish the relevant details to complete the registration process. Once completed, log in with the provided ID and the password.
- Step 3 – Filling Required Fields: After logging in, candidates are required to fill in details pertaining to their respective scholarships. Fill in the mandatory fields. Also, ensure that there are no mistakes as any discrepancy will lead to termination of the candidature.
- Step 4 – Upload Relevant Documents: Upload the specified documents on the portal. Ensure the right dimensions (size and format) are met when uploading
- Step 5 – Submission: After attestation of the institute verification form by the respective authority, candidates can submit their applications.
Documents Required for Bikash Bhavan Online Application
List of Important Documents for Online Application
- Marks card of the previous examination
- Madhyamik/ equivalent examination admit card
- Copy of income certificate in the specified format
- Copy of income affidavit in the stated format
- A scan of the bank passbook’s first page (where the account number and IFSC codes are listed)
- A Voters ID, Ration card, or Aadhaar card
- A recent passport photograph sized between 10KB to 50KB
- A scanned copy of the institute verification form authenticated by the candidate’s Head of Institution.
Important Note: The institute verification form can be obtained after submitting the online application. Attest and upload the same to the portal.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship – Selection Process Criteria
Since this is a merit-cum-means based scholarship, academic performance, as well as economic need, are considered when allocating scholarships.
The applications under various categories are arranged on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination as well as income details in descending order. After the preparation of the merit list, the scholarship amount is disbursed to the student’s accounts, provided, all documents are available.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 Awards
The awards provided for each course of study is as follows:
|Non-NET M.Phil.||₹ 5,000/- p.m|
|Non-NET Ph.D.||₹ 8,000/- p.m|
|Postgraduate (Arts)||₹ 2,000/- p.m|
|Postgraduate (Commerce)||₹ 2,000/- p.m|
|Postgraduate (Science)||₹ 2,500/- p.m|
|Postgraduate in other UGC approved professional courses||₹ 2,500/- p.m|
|Undergraduate (Arts)||₹ 1,000/- p.m|
|Undergraduate (Commerce)||₹ 1,000/- p.m|
|Undergraduate (Diploma courses)||₹ 1,500/- p.m|
|Undergraduate (Medical)||₹ 5,000/- p.m|
|Undergraduate (Polytechnic)||₹ 1,500/- p.m|
|Undergraduate (Science)||₹ 1,500/- p.m|
|Undergraduate in AICTE approved Engineering, Postgraduate in Engineering & other professional courses||₹ 5,000/- p.m|
|Undergraduate in other UGC approved professional courses||₹ 1,500/- p.m|
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Renewal 2023
The recipients of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship have to renew it annually. However, this is applicable only for certain courses and is entirely dependent on the candidate’s academic performance.
Candidates have to secure at least 60% marks at their higher secondary when transitioning to UG or diploma. To renew at the postgraduate level, candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in UG or diploma. Furthermore, candidates must have cleared all exams in their first attempt to be eligible for renewal. If candidates meet all these required criteria, they can apply for renewal.
Steps for Renewal of Scholarship
- Visit the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship online application portal
- Click on “Renewal Application”
- Log in with registered login ID and password.
- Furnish the required details and upload relevant documents.
- Submit the application.
Important Documents for Renewal of Scholarship
- UG: 1st and 2nd-semester mark sheet for 2nd-year renewal. 3rd and 4th-semester mark sheet for 3rd-year renewal.
- PG: 1st and 2nd-semester mark sheet for 2nd-year renewal.
FAQ’s on Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023
Why should apply for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship?
This scholarship is also known as Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM). This scholarship offered by the Government of West Bengal. It aims to help economically background meritorious students pursuing class 11th, 12th, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. It also allows Kanyashree recipients to get benefits.
Is the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship available for all states?
No, this scheme is available to only the candidates of West Bengal State.
What is the starting and closing date to submit the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship application?
The starting date to apply for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship is September 2023. Whereas, the closing date to submit the application is November 2023.
How much scholarship amount will be paid to the shortlisted candidates under the Polytechnic level?
Candidates will get the scholarship amount of Rs. 750/- per month under diploma or polytechnic level.
How much scholarship amount will be awarded to the selected candidate’s undergraduate and postgraduate level?
Candidates will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 750/- to Rs. 1500/- per month undergraduate level. Whereas, selected candidates will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 1200/- to Rs. 1400/- per month under the postgraduate level.