CAT 2024 Registration – Application Form Last Date
CAT Registration 2024 – Indian Institutes of Management publish CAT Registration Guide to aid candidates in filling up the CAT Application Form correctly. CAT 2024 Registration process is likely to begin in August 2024.
Candidates must read this article carefully and then fill up the CAT 2024 Application Form to avoid making any mistakes. Any discrepancies found in the CAT Application Form may lead to disqualification. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filling their online Application form. Also, ensure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria for CAT 2024 before filling the form.
CAT 2024 Registration Details
Check complete details about CAT 2024 Application form, from online registration to its submission:
- Online registration process of CAT 2024 will start in August 2024.
- Complete notification about exam and its registration date has been informed in the notification made available in July 2024.
- Candidates must make sure to go through complete instructions provided before filling the form to avoid any confusion later.
- Registration facility will be available online till September 2024.
- Fill all the mandatory details and must make sure to register using a unique & valid email address & mobile number as all official communication will be done through it.
- All details like personal information, academic details, work experience, test city, programmes, images, documents, etc. must be gathered before registering.
- After completely filling the form, students must check all details and then finally submit the form as no request for changes will be entertained later.
- Avoid submission of multiple form, as it may lead to rejection of form.
Before You Register for CAT 2024
Kindly follow the instructions given below before you start registering for CAT 2024.
- Check your eligibility for CAT 2024 by referring to the Eligibility document on the website.
- Ensure that you have a valid and unique email address and mobile number. Please ensure that you
retain this email address and mobile number until the CAT Admission process is completed as all
official communications will be done using this email address and mobile number only.
- “*” (asterisk) indicates a mandatory field. The fields marked with this symbol must be filled in or you
will not be allowed to submit your application for CAT 2024.
How to Apply for CAT 2024
You can register for CAT 2024 at the official CAT 2024 website, www.iimcat.ac.in . The registration steps are as follows:
- Register to generate a unique User ID and Password.
- Log in with the generated User ID and Password to fill in the Application form.
- Submit Application form after entering details and making online payment to complete the registration and application process.
Step 1: Registration for User ID and Password
On the website, www.iimcat.ac.in , click the ‘Register’ button under New Candidate Registration header to create your user profile. The Registration form window will open in your browser.
The entries on this form cannot be changed once submitted, hence, please ensure that you enter the required information correctly. All the details need to be reverified before final form Submission.
- Name of Candidate: This should be the same as it appears in 10th/SSC Certificate.
- Date of Birth: Use the calendar icon to select the correct date
- Email Address: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID on this email address only (Overseas candidates will receive both User ID & Password on this email address only).
- Mobile Number: Should be valid and unique. You will receive an OTP to verify your mobile
number and your Password as an SMS on this number only.
Step 2: Login to CAT Website
Using the system generated User ID and Password that you have received at the completion of Step 1 above, you can login as a “Registered Candidate” on the website and fill the Application Form for CAT 2024
Step 3: Fill Application Form
The Application Form is categorized into the following six sections:
- Enter Candidate’s First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Father’s/Guardian’s Name, Mother’s
- Name/Guardian’s Name and Spouse’s Name as applicable.
- Select the Category under which you are applying. If not General, then enter the additional
- details such as Certificate Issue Date, Serial/Entry Number of Caste/Tribe, State/Union
- Territory of Caste/Tribe, and Caste/Tribe Name.
- Select your Nationality from the dropdown, else select Others
- Academics – The sections are as follows:
- SSC/10th/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Bachelor’s Degree Details
- Master’s Degree Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
- Work Experience-Only Full-time experience after graduation must be entered.
- Part-time/Project/Internship/Article ship/Pre-graduation work experience should not be entered and will not be counted as work experience.
- Break in Experience (In days) if any, needs to be entered in the text box provided. If no break, please enter “0” and proceed.
- Programme Selection- You can select all programmes at once by clicking on the “Select All” checkbox above the programme section.
- Test City- Applicant can select any Six different Test Cities as per his/her preference from the drop-down menu.
After the last date of registration, one among the 6 preferred test cities will be allotted (subject to availability). In rare cases, if an Applicant is not allotted to any of the preferred test cities, Applicant will be allotted to a nearby test city.
In this section, you must upload all the mandatory documents as per your selections in the earlier sections.
- Passport Size Photograph and Signature: Upload the scanned image of your passport size photo
within the dimension of 1200 pixels x 1200 pixels. Also, upload the scanned image of your
signature within the dimensions of 80mm X 35mm. The documents file format should be a .jpg
or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a
minimum resolution of 150px/inch. The photo should not be more than 6 months old and
should have a white background. You will need the photograph uploaded here to be affixed on
the admit card on the day of the test. So, please ensure that you have
sufficient copies of this photo.
- Valid EWS/NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate: Scan as PDF document to upload here.
- Valid PwD Certificate: Scan as PDF document to upload here.
Step 4: Payment
A General/EWS/NC-OBC candidate will be charged Rs. 2400 while an SC/ST/PwD candidate will be charged Rs. 1200 to appear for CAT 2024. Before proceeding with the payment, carefully read the transaction charges as per below table.
Select the Payment Mode. After selecting, the respective payment gateway will be enabled for you.
CAT 2024 Application Correction
Students who have submitted the application form and want to make changes can do so after opening the correction facility. CAT Correction window 2024 will open online in the 3rd week of September 2024. It will remain open for a few days only.
Changes in category are not possible after registration. So, students must fill in the details correctly to avoid rejection of form. For making changes in form, students have to enter their login details.
CAT 2024 Application Dates
CAT 2024 Registration will begin in August 2024. Important Events for CAT 2024 with their tentative dates are given below.
When to Check for CAT 2024 Notification
CAT 2024 Exam Date
Sunday, November 24, 2024
CAT 2024 Start Date for Registration
CAT 2024 Last Date for Registration
CAT 2024 Admit Card Release Date
CAT 2024 Results Announcement
CAT Entrance exam sessions
Likely to be Conducted in 3 sessions on same day–
CAT Official Website for CAT 2024 Form Filling
Which IIM will conduct CAT 2024?
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow
CAT 2024 Test Mode
Computer based exam but not an online exam
Details to Check in CAT 2024 Notification
CAT Exam details, Application fee, Registration dates, MBA courses by IIMs through CAT 2024
Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT 2024 for MBA admission 2024
20 IIMs, FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, IITs, IMI, IMT& 1000 other MBA colleges in India
How to Apply for CAT 2024?
Application process is online only
Documents Required for CAT Registration 2024
During the application process, it is crucial for the candidate to upload the necessary documents as specified.
- PwD certificate
- EWS, NC-OBC/SC/ST certificate
- Candidates will be required to present their mark sheets and degrees in person.
|CAT 2024 Photograph Specifications|
|Format||.jpg or .jpeg|
|Dimensions||1200 pixels x 1200 pixels|
80mm X 35mm
|File size||80KB each|
What after CAT Registration 2024?
After registering for CAT 2024, Candidates must go through the CAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern and prepare thoroughly as only good preparation will fetch them a good percentile and ensure their seats at their dream B-School.
CAT Registration 2024 FAQs
Q. Can I use my coaching institute’s email address or a friend’s email address when registering for CAT?
A. No, you must provide a valid and unique email address. All correspondence pertaining to CAT 2024 and subsequent information during the selection stages of the respective IIMs will be communicated to the registered email address. It is the candidate’s responsibility to act as per the instruction/information sent to the registered email ID.
Q. How can I pay the CAT examination fee?
A. You will be required to pay the CAT examination fee during the online registration through the payment gateway. Use a valid Credit Card, Debit Card, NetBanking, UPI or Wallet facility.
Q. From where can I get the list of examination cities for CAT 2024?
A. The list of examination cities will be available on the CAT website before the start of registration.
Q. What should I do if I am not able to locate the user ID in the CAT 2024 login?
A. Please click on Forgot User ID/Password button on Existing User login page and enter your registered Email ID and prompted Captcha string to receive the User ID/Password on the registered Email ID.
Q. In case the website does not work and I am unable to complete my application, what should I do?
A. If the registration website is not accessible for any reason, please close your Internet browser and try again. Ensure you have a stable internet connection. The Registration/Application Form is best viewed in the Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
Please contact the CAT Helpdesk for more instructions:
Toll free: 1-800-210-8720
Email: [email protected]
Aspirants must first verify their CAT eligibility and then fill their 2024 Application Form. The CAT application data is treated as final, and no change in it is permitted at a later stage. Any variation in the data provided at the CAT selection stage with the actual data will lead to nullification of candidature.
You may contact the given helpline if you face any difficulty while filling up the CAT 2024 Application form.
Toll free: 1-800-210-8720
Email: [email protected]