AFCAT Eligibility 2024: Age Limit, Qualification, Physical Standards
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria is detailed and encompasses nationality, educational qualification, marital status, age limit, etc. To qualify, candidates must meet all specific eligibility criteria, including age limits and educational qualification, among other things. These criteria are meticulously designed to identify individuals with the right skills and attributes for roles in flying, ground duty (technical), and ground duty (non-technical) branches. Adherence to these eligibility standards is pivotal for aspirants aiming to commence a distinguished career as commissioned officers in the Indian Air Force. The AFCAT 2024 opens doors for individuals seeking a commission in the Indian Air Force. The post thus, gives a detailed insight into the AFCAT 2024 Eligibility criteria for the clarity of the candidates.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
The following is the AFCAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria:-
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: Nationality
Candidates must be a citizen of India as per Indian citizenship act, 1955.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: Age Limit
According to AFCAT 2024 eligibility requirements, the exam’s age limits vary depending on the branch. The age limit for each branch is listed in the table below:-
2. Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: Marital Status
Candidates must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course and marriage is not permitted during training. A candidate who marries during the period of training will be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: Educational Qualifications
The following are Educational qualifications required in order to be eligible for the AFCAT 2024:-
- Flying Branch
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 with 60 per cent in Maths and Physics.
- They must also hold a graduation degree in any discipline/BE/BTech/cleared section A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with 60 per cent.
- Ground Duty Technical Branch
- Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics):
Passed Class 12 with 60 per cent each in Physics and Mathematics and four years degree in Engineering/Technology
Cleared Sections A and B of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with 60 per cent in disciplines specified by the examination authority.
- Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical):
Candidates must have passed Class 12 with 60 per cent in Physics and Mathematics and degree/integrated post-graduation in Engineering/Technology
Cleared sections A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with minimum 60 per cent or equivalent in certain disciplines specified by IAF.
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) branches
- Administration & Logistics
Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 60 per cent
Cleared section A&B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with 60 per cent
- Weapon Systems (WS) Branch
Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 50 per cent each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and
1) Graduation with a minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60 per cent or equivalent. Or
2) BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60 per cent or equivalent.
Candidates must have passed Class 12 and completed graduation in any of the following streams with 60 per cent or equivalent from a recognized university:
1) B Com Degree (Min three years course).
2) Bachelor of Business Administration (with specialization in Finance)/Bachelor of Management Studies (with specialization in Finance)/ Bachelor of Business Studies (with specialization in Finance)
3) Qualified CA/ CMA/ CS/ CFA
4) B Sc with specialization in Finance
Passed Class 12 and Post-Graduation with 50 per cent in any discipline including integrated courses offering PG (Single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry) and with 60 per cent in Graduation in any discipline
Passed Class 12 and B Sc with Physics and Mathematics with a minimum of 60 per cent or equivalent or four-year Graduation in Engineering/Technology discipline with a minimum of 60 per cent marks or equivalent in the following streams:
- Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering/Technology
- Computer Engineering and Application
- Computer Science and Engineering/Technology
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Engineering/Technology
- Electronics Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave)
- Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: Physical and Medical Standards
In order for candidates to fulfill their roles and obligations effectively and be eligible to give the AFCAT 2024, they must be in good physical and medical health.
For further details on the eligibility criteria for Physical and medical standards the candidates can check them out on the official website for AFCAT 2024 https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/MedicalStandards.html.
AFCAT Application Form 2024
The following is step-by-step guide on how to fill the AFCAT 2024 Application Form:-
Step 1: Registration
- Begin your application process by clicking “CANDIDATE LOGIN” on the homepage, leading to AFCAT Sign-in.
- On the next page, click “NOT YET REGISTERED? REGISTER HERE.”
- Create a Login ID during the SignUp process and receive a password in your registered email.
- After successful registration, sign in using your registered email ID and the password provided.
- Reset your password if needed, and remember your login credentials for future use.
- Log in again.
Step 2: Entry Selection
- Select your desired entry, either “AFCAT” or “NCC SPECIAL ENTRY FOR FLYING BRANCH.”
Step 3: Instructions
- Access and carefully read the instructions by clicking “INSTRUCTIONS.”
- Confirm that you have understood the instructions by checking the box and proceed to the next stage.
Step 4: Application Form
- Click “FILL APPLICATION FORM” and provide the required information.
(a) Enter your Personal Details and save your entries.
(b) Fill in your Qualification Details and save your progress.
(c) Specify your Course Preferences and save the information.
(d) Provide your Communication Details and save them.
(e) Upload necessary documents, including your Photo, Signature, and Thumb Impression, adhering to the specified size requirements.
(f) Choose your preferred Exam City from the drop-down menu.
(g) Confirm your declaration and proceed to the next stage.
Step 5: Payment
- If you are applying for AFCAT 2024, make your payment online.
- Verify the status of your payment by clicking “PAYMENT STATUS.” A displayed Registration Number indicates successful payment.
Documents/ Image specifications for AFCAT Application Form 2024
The following documents are essential for the completion of the AFCAT 2024 Application form:-
- Class 10 and 12 certificate and details
- Valid working Mobile Number
- Valid Email Id
- Aadhaar Card details
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG||10 kb to 50 kb|
|Thumb impression (left thumb for male applicants and right thumb for female applicants)|
AFACT 2024 Application Fee
The following is the AFCAT 2024 Application Fee:-
All categories (General, SC, ST, OBC, etc.)
Special Applicants (NCC)
No fee required
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Q What is the age limit for AFCAT 2024 eligibility?
Ans For Flying Branch: 20 to 24 years (as of the first day of the month in which the course commences). For Ground Duty (Technical/Non-Technical) Branches: 20 to 26 years.
Q Can final-year students apply for AFCAT 2024?
Ans Yes, candidates in their final year can apply, but they should have completed the degree before the specified date during the AFCAT 2024 application process.
Q How many times is AFCAT conducted in a year?
Ans The IAF conducts the AFCAT exam twice a year.
Q Can I apply for AFCAT 2024 after class 12?
Ans To be eligible for the AFCAT 2024 exam, candidates must hold a graduation degree.
The AFCAT 2024 eligibility criteria serves as a stringent yet essential framework for individuals aspiring to join the Indian Air Force as commissioned officers. Ranging from age limits to educational qualifications, these criteria are meticulously designed to ensure that candidates possess the requisite skills and attributes for various roles within the Air Force. Aspirants are advised to thoroughly understand and adhere to these criteria, as they form the foundation for a successful and fulfilling career in one of the most esteemed branches of the Indian Armed Forces.
Also See :