I will provide a Python program to check valid password in this article. In this program, the input given by the user is a combination of letters, digits, and special characters. So let us begin!
Python program to check valid password
The password constraints for this program are as follows:
- A password length should be more than 8 characters.
- A password must contain at least one capital letter.
- A password must contain at least one small letter.
- A password must contain at least one digit.
- A password must contain at least one – ‘#’,’$’, or ‘@’.
Steps for Python program to check valid password
To do this program follow these steps:
- Accept a string as a password
- Check the length should be more than 8 characters using the if condition
- If the first condition is evaluated to be true, The password is traversed using for-loop
- In the for loop different conditions will be checked for at least 1 upper, lower, digits, and special characters. Hence I have used counters for them to count the frequency of each letter, digit or special character
- Finally, the condition is applied outside the loop for the counter more than 1 is valid password otherwise invalid password
- The output will be displayed accordingly.
Code for python program to check valid password
The code for this program is as follows:
def pass_val(pwd): u=0 l=0 d=0 sp=0 if len(pwd)>8: for i in pwd: if i.isupper(): u+=1 if i.islower(): l+=1 if i.isdigit(): d+=1 if i=='@' or i=='#' or i=='$': sp+=1 if u>=1 and l>=1 and d>=1 and sp>=1: print("Valid Password") else: print("Not a valid password") p=input("Enter password:") pass_val(p)
Watch this video for more explanation:
Follow this link for more programs: